Action Contre la Faim
General description of the position
You will provide direction to ACF Yemen’s program team to develop the mission’s programmatic strategy and ensure the quality of the programs implemented.
- Ensure the line management of technical Heads of Departments and overall management of program team
- Lead development and implementation of program strategy and support rollout of Country Strategy
- Ensure the overall management of program development, reporting, and grants management
- Ensure external relations and representation as required
- Work with DCD Support to ensure close linkages between program and support departments
Do you fit the requested profile ?
- You present 5+ years experience as a Technical Advisor or similar programs role
- You hold a bachelor’s degree in social sciences or similar
- You have previous experience in insecure and complex environments
- You have previous experience with ACF and knolwedge of ACF policies and guidelines
- You are diplomatic and culturally sensitive
Context: Since the conflict between Al Houthi and the Saudi-led coalition that started in March 2015, Yemen has become one of the three emergency in the world and is thus facing one of the worst humanitarian crisis, with 80 % of the population who is now in need of humanitarian aid. The context is highly challenging in regards to access to the communities despite significant needs in the country. Airstrike, embargo, high prices, etc have caused a profound deterioration of the nutitritional situation and hundreds of thousands lives are at risk.
Presentation of the mission:
Since 2012, ACF has been present in Yemen and has been scaling up its emergency intervention substantially throughout 2016. The mission is now amongst one of the largest International NGOs in the country and is recognized as one of the key emergency actors in the country. ACF in Yemen is responding to the current crisis using a multisector emergency approach (Nutrition & Health, Food Security, WASH and Mental Health programming), and to a multiple large-scale and interconnected emergencies: conflict, food security and cholera epidemic. Along with UNICEF, ACF designed and is piloting the country’s first Rapid Response Mechanism, and is representative of the INGO community on the HCT, ICCM, Access Working Group, the HPF Advisory Board, and on the Steering Committee that manages evacuation for the humanitarian community.
Security, working and living conditions:
ACF is operationally working in 2 bases: Hodeida (to target the northern governorates) and Aden (to target the southern ones), with its coordination team located in Sana’a. In total, the Yemen mission counts 215 national staff and 17 international staff.
Sanaa has a very nice temperate climate. Due to its high elevation, the temperatures are much more moderate than many other cities on the Arabian Peninsula. Despite the current calm atmosphere in Sana’a, the security situation remains very volatile and the expatriates are not allowed to go to restaurants/coffee. In Sana’a, the expatriates live in a shared guest house (located next to the office), with electricity and internet. To balance with those movements/leisure restrictions, expatriates have a pool table and a ping-pong table at their disposition in the basement of the guesthouse. In bonus, if you’re a food lover, you will find our amazing Chef Ahmad and his delicous plates.
To know more about Yemen:
The ACF’s blog where you can find further information:
Our videos on our YouTube Channel:
Pour postuler, veuillez consulter l'URL suivante : http://recrutement.actioncontrelafaim.org/form/policy/index/2571/ →