Première Urgence Internationale
In the Republic of South Sudan (SSD), more than 2 years of armed conflict have shattered the lives of millions of people. 2014 and 2015 have been years of continued instability due to unresolved border issues (between Sudan and South Sudan) and more importantly due to the civil war between SPLM/A forces loyal to President S. Kiir and SPLA-IO loyal to the rebel leader R. Machar, former vice-president. As of beginning of 2015; at least six out of 10 states are affected by armed violence, 1.66 million people have been displaced within the country, more than 640.000 refugees have fled out of the country, 3.9 million people are severely food insecure. Among IDPs, about 180.000 people have found refuge in UNMIS PoCs. All this needs to be considered in a very young country within which virtually the entire population has experienced forced displacement at least 1 time and hence where resilience is massively jeopardized.
Northern Bahr el Ghazal (NBeG) and Warrap states (where PUI is respectively operating since Feb. 2015 and planning to start operating in spring 2016) have been and still are largely neglected by humanitarian assistance because of their peripheral situation with regards to the armed conflict. However, a deterioration of the humanitarian context is to be noted and new displacements are still an option for the coming months.
The Medical Coordinator is responsible for the success of the mission’s health strategy and the quality of current and future health programmes at the definition, implementation and evaluation phases. He/She provides support to programme managers who report to him on the basis of a dotted-line relationship.
In addition to the health programs, the Medical Coordinator will also be requested to support the implementation of the food security and livelihoods (FSL) small scale activities in order to have a coherent integrated multi-sector approach.
- Strategy: Working alongside the Head of Mission and cooperating closely with the STC, he/she contributes to the development of the integrated/multi sector approach mission’ strategy. He/She carries out epidemiological monitoring for the country and analyses strengths and weaknesses from the point of view of public health.
- Programmes: He/She ensures that health programme(s) are in line with PUI’s technical policies and monitors them for quality and efficacy.
- Representation: He/She represents the association to partners, authorities and local stakeholders involved in implementing health
- Human Resources / Training: He/She supervises the medical and FSL coordination team (PUI employees), provides support to programme managers for recruiting technical staff and supervises technical training activities on the basis of identified needs.
- Logistics and Administration: He/She ensures the activities for which he/she is responsible comply with logistical and administrative procedures.
- Safety: He/She contributes to compliance with safety rules within the mission and communicates any safety-related information to the Head of Mission. He/She ensures healthcare is provided for expatriate staff involved in the mission.
- Medical training
- OR Paramedic training + Public health
- Medical internship
- Technical – Previous experience in running multi-sector programs
- Good written communication skills
- Knowledge of project management
- Knowledge of multi-sector programming
- English is mandatory
- French and / or other languages are a plus
- Employed with a Fixed-Term Contract
- Monthly gross income: from 2 200 up to 2 530 Euros depending on the experience in International Solidarity + 50 Euros per semester seniority with PUI
PRISES EN CHARGE
- Cost covered: Round-trip transportation to and from home / mission, visas, vaccines…
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accommodation
- Daily living Expenses (« Per diem »)
- Break Policy : 5 working days at 3 and 9 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
Pour postuler, veuillez consulter l'URL suivante : https://www.premiere-urgence.org/offres-emploi/south-sudan-a-medical-coordinator-2/ →