Site action contre la faim
General description of the position
Under the supervision of the Deputy Country Director, you’ll provide technical and strategical support to the field and the mission. The volume as well as kinds of activities have increased tremendously which requires a Psychologist – Mental Health and Care Practices (MHCP) and Protection Head of Department position. The national coordinator has taken up the position of Gender-Based Violence (GBV) coordinator and can therefore not be HOD at this moment. Your main responsibilities will be :
- To contribute to define and update the country strategy and positioning of the MHCP (activities includes MHPSS, CP, protection and gender) technical department
- To guarantee the quality and accountability of the projects
- To ensure the active involvement of ACF in the national sectoral coordination, the technical platforms and develop sectoral partnerships
Do you fit the requested profile ?
You hold a Psychologist degree. You have at least two years of field experience with NGOs at coordination level. A proven experience in technical support, proposal writing, and coordination in emergency response management is compulsory. You demonstrate good team management and supervision skills and an interest for capacity building/coaching of national staffs
An experience managing complex operations in challenging contexts/protection in protracted displacement will be a great asset. You have a good sense of confidentiality and possess a cultural sensitivity
Excellent English (written and spoken) skills are required.
Specific conditions / Salary
– You’ll spend 60% in Dhaka, 10% in Cox’s Bazar and 10% in the other bases
– Family status available for that position
MHCP activities ongoing in Bangladesh :
- Mental health: psychological and psychosocial support: in emergency and in development
- Care practices: babies and young children in particular early childhood development
- Protection: running of safe spaces and safe houses in particular for children and women
- Gender mainstreaming and analysis
ACF in Bangladesh : ACF Bangladesh mission has expanded by over 100% over the last few months to respond the Rohingya crisis and is expected to continue to expand further in 2018. ACF has expanded the field of working and expertise into MHPSS and protection over the last year due to the influx of Rohingyas. But also on national and other districts very interesting and challenging projects are on-going or will start shortly. The team is enthusiastic but has known quiet some turn-over due to the increased number of actors on the ground.
Current team has 115 staff, with further expansion proposed for 2018. There are a high number of projects/programs running which has activities that cover mental health support, psychological and psychosocial support especially focused on children and adolescents (trauma counselling), training of government and partner staff on MHCP/MHPSS, care practices and early childhood development in relation to nutrition, IYCF and IYCF in emergencies, breastfeeding, protection and the working of safe spaces and house, GBV, social guidance in slum area, research, …
Dhaka is relatively stable but staff movement is restricted and cars are provided for staff movement. Cox’s Bazar is less stable, so humanitarian access can be limited, especially for expats.
Pour postuler, veuillez consulter l'URL suivante : http://recrutement.actioncontrelafaim.org/form/general/ →