Site Croix Rouge Française
Context of the position
The French Red Cross (FRC) is operational in Northern Iraq since 2013, especially in Dohuk, Ninewah and Erbil governorates. Focused first on the influx of Syrian refugees, then on the IDP crisis and the challenging displacements and returns of population, FRC provides assistance in a range of sectors including WASH, livelihoods, education, shelter and relief.
In order to pursue its humanitarian assistance to the IDPs in Ninewah Governorate, FRC has identified two main actions; one targeting displaced population off camps and a second one targeting IDPs’ camps. Additionally, based on its experience and capacity, FRC will focus its operation on WASH and livelihood activities.
The regional crisis and its consequences on Iraqi territory, juxtaposed with internal political tensions only highlight the need for FRC’s continuous support in helping the Host National Society in Iraq to build their own capacity to respond to emergencies, including in the local branches.
FRC, in close collaboration with IRCS, is addressing these issues through multi-annual programming on livelihood and access to education. In 2018 FRC will continue its emergency and recovery assistance for Syrian refugees, Iraqi IDPs, returnees and most vulnerable host communities in the country.
The Iraq delegation currently employs about 45 national staffs and 15 international staffs.
Under the responsibility of the head of delegation, the administrative / finance / HR coordinator is in charge of the financial, administrative and legal aspects of the FRC delegation in addition to the overall management of the HR. S/he will guarantee the implementation of rigorous and transparent procedures to fulfil the objectives of the mission in line with FRC and donors’ guidelines.
- Legal framework
- Staff management
- Administrative management of human resources
- Funding and donors
- Accountancy, treasure, budget planning & monitoring
- Communication, reporting and representation
HIERARCHICAL AND FUNCTIONAL LINKS:
- The administration, finance and HR coordinator is under the responsibility of the head of delegation.
- S/he is the technical reference of the HR / administration / support delegate.
Direct collaboration with the program coordinator, project managers, logistics coordinator, HOSDs and administrative controller based in Paris.
Profile of the candidate
Educational background and experiences:
- Graduate or post-graduate degree in finance / HR;
- You have already occupied a similar position for at least 2 years;
- Excellent financial and analytical skills;
- Excellent communication and drafting skills for effective reporting on program financial performance;
- Familiarity with the aid system and understanding of donor requirements;
- Ability to manage a financial / monitoring team and demonstrate leadership;
- Ability to carry out capacity-building efforts to local staff;
- Experience with FRC and / or RCRC Movement would be an asset.
- Strong communication, analysis and reporting skills;
- Good relationship, patience;
- Management qualities;
- Ability to work with a great level of personal organisation;
- English mandatory (oral and written); Arabic would a plus;
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills;
- Pro activity and flexibility;
- Autonomy and sense of team working.
- Location : Dohuk / Erbil, IRAQI KURDISTAN
- Duration: 12 months
- To be filled: November 2017
- Deadline for application: 4/12/2017
- Status: expatriate position
The French Red Cross reserves the right to fill the position before the closing date for applications
- Passport valid for more than 6 months at the moment of departure
- Up-to-date vaccination card / fitness for travel
To be better acquainted with the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement, we invite you to follow two training sessions online, free and accessible to all that constitute a real advantage for your application:
WORC (The World of Red Cross and Red Crescent) is an e-learning course on the fundamental principles and operations of the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement. Its 12 modules address subjects such as the origin and history of the Movement, its fundamental principles, its emblem, the International Federation, the ICRC and national societies. It is intended for all: volunteers, employees, members or people wishing to get more information on the biggest humanitarian movement in the world.
Stay Safe is intended for every staff in a position to carry out international missions on behalf of the Federation or a National Society of the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement. The course aims at developing a common culture of security management within the Movement in order to enable a better understanding of the main threats and risks for humanitarian actors in the field, and offers solutions to restrain their impact.
Pour postuler, veuillez consulter l'URL suivante : http://emploi.international.croix-rouge.fr/fe/tpl_CroixRouge02.asp?s=4A515F4E5A565B1A&jobid=75638,9861584865&key=53092796&c=355632341534&pagestamp=sexoqrgqosdlzerxdi →