Site African Parks
Job overview: The Park Manager is responsible for the park management unit. The manager is responsible for the management of people, equipment and funding for the implementation of annual work plans and five year business plans as approved by the Board of Directors.
– Implement the decisions of the board of directors.
– Provide assistance to administrative, financial and operational departments.
– Represent the Park at the Foundation Board, without voting rights.
– Implement the annual work plan, annual budgets and five year Business Plan as approved by the Board of Directors.
– Recruit team to implement operational plans and budgets.
– Provide career management to contracted staff as well as the daily organization of their work, holidays and evaluation of their performance.
– Follow up and monitoring the implementation of agreements and contracts relating to the protected area.
– Identify and propose development principles, management and regulation of the protected area.
– Submit plans for recovery and sustainable development of the protected area,
– Manage anti-poaching activities.
– Managing logistics and construction.
– Manage research and monitoring.
– Promote and maintain good working relationships with all stakeholders concerned including; National and local Government, local communities and donors, through the instigation of local platforms for dialogue and integration into the platform field of the dialogue initiative.
– Provide reports and record keeping.
Capabilities, compentencies and experience needed for the job:
- Demonstrable ability to mentor staff, leadership and people management skills ;
- Good team player and experience in management teams § Demonstrable experience managing and working in multi-culural context
- Strong willingness to live in a rural setting and very remote area ;
- Very good understanding of specificity of natural and cultural problematic areas;
- Fluent in French and in English (written and spoken).
There are two postions available
Pour postuler, envoyez votre CV et votre lettre de motivation par e-mail à firstname.lastname@example.org