Site African Parks
African Parks Congo is the management entity of Garamba National Park, DRC. The NGO is directly affiliated to African Parks Network who is a non-profit organization that takes total responsibility for the rehabilitation
and long-term management of national parks in partnership with governments and local communities.
Supervises all field operation activities through the:
– Infrastructure maintenance and new building projects (road, bridges, houses, offices, and other buildings);
– Procurement and logistics;
– Stores (fuels, spare parts, building materials, etc.…);
– Fleet management (16 cars, 4 trucks, 4 large machines);
– Aviation management (2 aircraft, 1 helicopter);
– Telecommunication (VSAT, HF, GPS and others tracking & telecommunication device, etc.…
– Draft, propose and implement the annual work plan, annual budgets and five-year Business Plan for
operations activities described as above.
– Management contracted staff as well as the daily organization of their work, holidays and
evaluation of their performance.
– Develop national workforce talent
– Provide reports and record keeping as required by grants and hierarchy related to operation
activities described as above
– Oversee procurement, logistics, and importation for and to the complex including exoneration
– Ensure compliance with quality and security standard for all constructions and works done
– Promote and maintain good working relationships with all stakeholders concerned including;
Suppliers and services provider, national and local government, local communities, donors and
other conservation partners.
Capabilities, competencies and experience required for the position:
– University degree or equivalent academic background in project management, civil works or rural
– Strong African background with minimum 10 years of management experience in construction, fleet
management and logistics.
– Strong willingness to live in a remote setting and with previous experience of living in remote
locations, ideally in Central Africa.
– Ideally, competence in rear link communication services
– Very good technical knowledge of fleet management and infrastructure development.
– Demonstrable leadership and people management skills.
– Demonstrable experience managing and working in partnership with other organizations.
– Must be fluent in French and English (written and spoken).
– Good Computer Literacy.
– Good report writing skills.
– Good team player and experience in management of multicultural teams under challenging
– Ideally experience in conservation.
Pour postuler, envoyez votre CV et votre lettre de motivation par e-mail à email@example.com