Site African Parks
Job overview: The Special Project Manager for Garamba National Park is responsible for the above-mentioned management unit coordination and duties. He / She ensures the coordination of management unit, and manage APC external relationship.
– Management coordination, Internal Reporting and Administration: Centralize and share all relevant
information to and from senior management within APC, supervise planning and deadlines, assist with the
compilation of AP annual reports, monthly and weekly reports; 5-Year Business Plans coordination;
administrative documents needed for Board Meetings etc.
– Tourism supervision: Supervise the Tourism department/project and provide support to the lodge manager;
– Communication, Media and Marketing: GNP Social Media pages; supplying required information for the AP
Garamba website; providing necessary information relating to the Park to tourists/journalists/visitors;
– Donor relationship: Ensures proper communication for donors, supervise and coordinate donor proposal in
collaboration with each head of department + donor’s visibility requirements met
– Protocol: Organize official visits and supervise logistic for meetings
– Liaise with Kinshasa APC representative and APN HQ
Capabilities, competencies and experiences required for the position:
– University degree or equivalent academic background in project management, business administration,
economics, tourism management
– Working experience with institutional donors (EU, USAID, World Bank, etc.) in Africa
– Working experience in project management with at least one successful work experience in Africa, ideally in
– Strong willingness to live in a remote setting and with previous experience of living in remote locations,
ideally in Central Africa.
– Ability to prepare clear and concise reports, policy papers;
– Demonstrated leadership and people management skills.
– Demonstrable experience managing and working in partnership with other organizations
– Must be fluent in French and English (written and spoken).
– Excellent communication skills
– Computer Literacy.
– Very good writing skills.
– Good team player and experience in working in multicultural / multidisciplinary teams under challenging
– Ideally a conservation experience and/or a tourism experience.
Pour postuler, envoyez votre CV et votre lettre de motivation par e-mail à firstname.lastname@example.org