Salary: €35,981 – €39,979
Country: South Sudan
Job Title: Area Coordinator
Contract Type: Unaccompanied Fixed Term International Contract
Annual Allowance: e4,000
About the role: This is a 12 month, new role with unaccompanied terms based in Juba, South Sudan with frequent travel to field sites and with a salary of Grade 4 €35,981 – €39,979
You will report to the Emergency Programme Director and will line manage 4 Programme Managers, as well as the set-up and management of a rapid response team (if funding is confirmed).
We would like you to start on 1st September.
Your purpose: Your principle objective is to be responsible for the overall management and implementation of Concern’s programmes in Central Equatoria State (CES) and southern Unity. Key activities include: coordination of the programme, including strategy, budget and implementation oversight, and to ensure the effective and efficient management of programme staff and programme logistics, in collaboration with the Juba-based support team. You will be responsible for state-level representation and manage all Juba based programme staff.
Depending on the confirmation of funding, you will also be responsible for the coordination, oversight and management of a rapid response team. This team will be deployed to respond to emergencies, conduct assessments on behalf of Concern or as part of multiagency missions, as required.
You will be responsible for:
Programme Development and Coordination
- Lead on situation analysis and programme proposal development for the CES and southern Unity programmes.
- Ensure quality implementation of Concern’s integrated emergency response and recovery programme including nutrition shelter and NFI distribution, along with any new thematic areas in CES and southern Unity, according to international standards, Concern policies and best practices.
- Provide oversight and support to programmes managers and the rapid response team to ensure the prepositioning of stock, the development of procurement plans, expenditure tracking and donor reporting is done accurately and in a timely manner.
- Monitor programme expenditure and budgets, and work with programme managers and the EPD to ensure resources are optimally utilized and spending is in line with Concern financial procedures and donor requirements.
- Support cross-sectoral periodic programme reviews in order to assess programme progress, capture lessons learnt and adapt programme strategies as necessary in accordance with Concern’s results-based management principles. Ensure mainstreaming of cross cutting issues/approaches throughout the programme cycle including: Gender, Protection, HIV and Aids, Rights Based Approach, Accountability and do no harm philosophy.
- Ensure the local authorities and communities are meaningfully engaged in programme development
- As a member of the Country Management team contribute to the overall management and strategic planning of the country programme
- Together with relevant programme and support staff ensures that CES and southern Unity programme activities, as well as the rapid response mechanism are within the framework of the Concern South Sudan Country Annual Plan and Concern’s emergency response plan
- Provide relevant inputs for the development of South Sudan’s Country Strategic Plan
- Work with the EPD to further build and maintain Concern’s emergency preparedness capacity including contingency planning and PEER
- Support and coordinate visits of visitors including the regional and HQ based staff and external visitors such as consultants, donors and media with the EPD, as required.
- Work with Juba Finance and Systems to ensure that the programme Finance, HR and Logistics needs are planned and met.
- Monitor the security situation in CES and southern Unity and in areas of deployment for the rapid response team, and in consultation with the EPD and CD implement Concern’s emergency and security procedures and take responsibly for tracking and reporting team’s travel movements in the field
- Provide support to the Protection Adviser and Security Adviser visits
Reporting and Donor Compliance
- Ensure timely internal monthly and donor reports as per the South Sudan funding tracker shared by the Grants Management unit.
- Work with the EPD and Grants Management Unit to ensure the timely and high quality development of programme proposal and concept notes for donors and for other interested parties, including government departments.
- Ensure quality annual report including reporting on PEER and CHS
- Ensure effective support and development of all staff engaged by Concern and working for the CES, southern Unity and rapid response teams.
- Lead, manage and motivate the team, ensuring that they have clear objectives, work-plans and receive meaningful and regular feedback on their performance.
- Support timely recruitment to fill vacant positions, and new staff recruited are inducted and trained as per the needs of the programme and the organisation.
- Make recommendations on core staffing needs for programmes
- Ensure that Concern’s policies such as the Code of Conduct, Fraud and Whistle Blowing Policy as well as the minimum standards of humanitarian relief (ICRC Code of Conduct, Sphere, CHS) are adhered to by all staff.
- Represent Concern to donors, clusters and relevant coordination fora and meetings at state level, as well as at national level as required, and with government departments, donors, communities.
- Take a lead role in further developing a coordinated approach towards effective coordination of all partners in the areas of operation for a coherent approach in all emergency and outreach interventions.
- Work in close collaboration with other members of the Concern team, sharing information and designing and implementing programme activities.
- Adhere fully to the commitments and rules of Concern’s Programme Participant Protection Policy and Code of Conduct (P4 and CoC), including the respect of confidentiality.
- Report to the appropriate manager all violations of the P4 or CoC
- Other duties as assigned by the EPD or CD
Your skills and experience will include:
- At least three years’ experience of managing and coordinating field based operations preferably integrated emergency response programmes in remote and fragile locations
- Experience and ability to lead a multi-sectoral programme team of international and national staff working in a remote location
- Familiarity and knowledge of finance, logistics and administration
- Experience of monitoring and reporting of budgets across a programme and ensuring effective and accountable use of funds
- Computer literate and sound knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Experience of working in challenging, insecure areas and willingness to travel to remote environments
- Masters in development studies or sociology or any other development related study
- Experience in promoting community participation in programme design, implementation and evaluation
- Experience of institutional strengthening of government and local NGOs
- Experience of conducting emergency assessments and rapid response mechanisms
We would also like:
- Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Empathy with Concern’s goals and a commitment to capacity building, protection and participation.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability in team building and working in a participatory/integrated manner.
- A team leaders with significant experience in team building
- Ability to work on own initiative and adaptable to changing needs and situations
- Flexible, patient and adaptable to a changing environment.
- Ability to work under pressure with numerous deadlines, etc.
- Knowledge of computer applications i.e. Microsoft word, Excel, communications systems.
All applications should be submitted through our website at https://jobs.concern.net by closing date. CV’s should be no more than 4 pages in length.
All candidates who are short-listed for a first round interview will be notified via email after the application deadline.
Pour postuler, veuillez consulter l'URL suivante : https://jobs.concern.net/jobs/international/vacancy/area-coordinator-0221/239/description/action/apply/?pagestamp=a6519805-f6ca-4997-8c55-35b69d4d4aea →