Save the Children
Title: Technical Review of Refugee Livelihoods Programs – Consultancy
Refugee livelihoods programs have been developed and refined over the past 3 years. It is timely to review the viability of the approaches used, and identify future directions and priorities for this component of SCI Egypt’s refugee response program. The review will assess potential linkages to SCI’s global priorities in Child Sensitive Livelihoods, as well as SCI Egypt’s strategic priorities. The review should draw on experience and lessons learned regionally, particularly in livelihoods programming in urban contexts; as well as livelihood programming experience in Egypt by other agencies targeting Egyptians.
Key tasks for the review will be refined in consultation with the Technical Advisor, and are likely to review
· Preparing a review workplan
· Conducting a detailed document review of key program documents, including SCI Global priorities, project proposals and reports, program training materials and evaluation and other studies
· Conducting in-depth discussions and consultations with key Save the Children staff, including leadership staff, program management staff and field staff
· Conducting consultations with beneficiaries, employers and key stakeholders such as UNHCR,
· Conducting consultations with agencies active in livelihoods programming targeting Egyptians
· Developing a report of the technical review. The report will include a summary of findings from the review, and recommendations for future approaches, targeting strategies, priorities and objectives.
The Technical Advisor will report to the Program Manager.
Qualifications and experience
· Advanced university degree in FSL or relevant field of social science
· Minimum five years’ experience in a technical or management role in livelihoods programming, preferably in a refugee context
· Deep understanding of refugee livelihoods programming in urban contexts, preferably in a protracted refugee response program context
· Demonstrated facilitation and consultation skills, and ability to meet ambitious deadlines with quality deliverables.
· Excellent analytic and planning skills.
· Experience in the Middle East / North Africa region is preferred
· Fluency (written and spoken) in English required, and Arabic is desirable.
Consultancy Contract length: The review will be conducted in Cairo, Egypt. This assignment will take place for a maximum of 12 days, in the time period between Oct and December 2017.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter, up-to-date CV as a single document and your proposal. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full Terms of Reference can be found at
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Pour postuler, veuillez consulter l'URL suivante : https://www.savethechildren.net/jobs/job-apply →