Site Association Asmae
I-GENERAL OVERVIEW OF POSITION / WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Title: Country Representative
• Location: Egypt
• Line manager: HQ Program Manager
• Line report(s): Project-Partnership Manager, Administrative and Financial Officer, National Office Assistant, Translators/Interpreters, Consultant Support
• Status: Expatriate fixed-term contract
Asmae is a French international solidarity NGO specialized in child development. It is independent, non-religious, non-political, and open to everyone.
Created in 1980 by Sister Emmanuelle following her experience with scavengers in Egypt’s slums, Asmae keeps on respecting its founder’s values and methods: listening and proximity, pragmatism, respect of the differences, professionalism and reciprocity.
Asmae’s action aims to support vulnerable children and their families through providing tailor-made and long lasting support to local stakeholders working on education and child protection.
Its vision, “A fair world which guarantees that children can live and grow with dignity within their environment, to become free women and men who contribute to society”, is broken down into four missions:
o Stimulate child development through a global approach. To do this, Asmae also works on family support by taking their environment into account;
o Build the capacity of local stakeholders involved in child development, boost cooperation amongst them and maximize their social impact;
o Stand up for children by raising awareness and advocating;
o Experiment, disseminate and share practices.
Nowadays Asmae supports education and child protection projects through 64 local organizations in Burkina-Faso, Egypt, France, India, Lebanon, Madagascar, Mali and the Philippines. Furthermore, in France, Asmae also directly manages a mother and childcare center.
II- BACKGROUND ON ASMAE IN EGYPT:
Asmae is registered under the Ministry of Solidarity since May 2015. Asmae promotes child education and care within three areas of intervention: prevention of school drop-out and underperformance. Support to children with disabilities and prevention and care of children at risk. Asmae is currently supporting eight Egyptian associations working in informal areas of Greater Cairo, in Alexandria and Arment (Luxor governorate). Asmae Egypt’ team is based in Cairo with six persons: one Country Representative, one Office Assistant, one Administrative and Finance Officer, one Project Officer in process of recruitment, and two Translators/Interpreters.
Under the supervision of HQ Program manager, the Country Representative serves as national Asmae representative and contributes to the deployment of the intervention strategy that he leads in coordination with the operational teams reporting to him
The Country Representative organizes work and ensures compliance with the security regulations that protect people and property. He supervises activity related to Asmae operations in the country, complying with established regulations.
The Country Representative oversees Asmae external visibility and advocacy activities. He helps establish public and private fundraising strategies and directs their implementation, consistent with the strategy issued by Headquarters.
4.1. Helps establish country operational strategy and oversees implementation
• Ensures monitoring of development issues and geopolitical challenges in countries where Asmae operates
• Works with teams to identify and propose geographic focus and operational areas in order to develop Asmae operations within the country
• Ensures compliance with strategic orientation developed in collaboration with Program Managers and approved by Headquarters
• Oversees preparation of strategic and operational plans (analysis of national context, strategy to support partners within operational areas, budget forecasts, annual action plans), consistent with orientations established by Headquarters
• Supervises monitoring and evaluation of the operational strategy within the country
• Ensures the relevance, quality, and consistency of projects within the country, and proposes strategic reorientations when necessary
• Ensures that Asmae fulfills the contractual commitments it has made to donors
4.2 Implements public and private fundraising strategy within the country:
• Helps establish fundraising strategy for the country
• Ensures monitoring and analyzes donor strategies for the country
• Ensures the implementation of institutional or private fundraising in link with HQ
• Coordinates with Headquarters to prepare funding requests for submission to donors
• Supervises preparation of funding requests as well as monitoring-reporting-evaluation (internal and external) related to projects funded by institutional or private donors. Ensures that these activities are consistent with Asmae’s operational framework and methodology and that they comply with donor requirements.
4.3. Human resource management:
• Helps establish and/or implement HR policies within the country, consistent with the national regulatory framework and ensuring compliance with national regulations
• Ensures the inclusion of collaborators and develops team cohesion
• Recruits collaborators within countries and integrates them into operations
4.4 Oversight of safety and security measures:
• Ensures monitoring and analysis of the security context, and ensures that field teams fully understand that context
• Ensures that all new staff members receive a security briefing and that all international staff members are debriefed before leaving
• Ensures the implementation of security procedures and regulations and that field teams comply with them
• Responds to security incidents, following the Security Plan
4.5. Budget, financial, and administrative management:
• Prepares the Country Budget and supervises financial project monitoring, consistent with the operational strategy and internal procedures
• Supervises the preparation and proper conduct of financial audits involving Asmae and/or its partners, in coordination with Administrative and Financial Management
• Supervises the carrying out of the financial monitoring of partners
• Supervises the enforcement of internal administrative and accounting regulations established by donors, Asmae teams, and local partners, consistent with the national regulatory, fiscal, and social framework
• Oversees the implementation administrative and legal procedures required by national authorities
4.6. Facilitating internal and external relations
• Serves as the Asmae representative for registration with the local authorities and registration renewal
• Develops relationships and communications with institutional stakeholders (ministries, agencies, international organizations) and organizations (national and international NGOs) as well as potential donors. Develops relationships and communications with key stakeholders involved in education and child protection.
• Ensures the implementation and/or supervision of actions to facilitate external communications
• Supervises preparation for field visits by collaborators from Headquarters, donors, Asmae partners, and institutional stakeholders
• Helps implement the intra-organizational activities of HQ Program department
V- PROFILE :
Education / Experience
• Master Degree in International Relations, Cooperation, Development, Humanitarian Aid or equivalent
• Minimum 3 years of experience in project management
• Significant experience in Partnership relations with local nonprofit organizations (opening – support – termination)
• Experience in Education or Child Protection project management
• Experience in monitoring-evaluation, and project reporting
• Security Management in a difficult context
• Team Management in a multidisciplinary and multicultural context
• Knowledge of the geographical area is an asset
Professional skills required
• Capacity to elaborate a country intervention strategy
• Donor Rules and Regulations working knowledge (French Development Agency, EU, USAID, UN Agencies, bilateral cooperations)
• Pack office Management
• Excellent in English and French (oral, written)
• Knowledge of Arabic is an advantage
• Excellent writing and synthesis skills
• Competency in reinforcement in capacity building, project management and training
• SAGA (accounting software) knowledge is an asset
• Excellent in building relationship and representation
• Sense of analysis and proposition capability
• Adaptability and flexibility
• Strong autonomy and team working focused
• Stress resistant and climatic conditions resistant
VI – GENERAL INFORMATION :
Place of work: Egypt (Cairo), regular field visits
Status: French Expatriate fixed term contract
Contract duration: 2 years
Salary: 25 000 – 27 000 € brut/year, according to experience, paid in 13 installments.
Benefits: Per diem: 41 € net/day, health insurance, death and disability insurance, annual leave flights
Others: flight at the beginning and end of mission, professional expenses reimbursed (transportation, communication, visa…)
Starting date : ASAP
VII – HOW TO APPLY ?
Candidates should send a detailed resume outlining their academic and professional background relevant to the proposed position, as well as a cover letter, showing the persons motivation and expertise, via our web site: http://www.asmae.fr/fr/jobs/
Pour postuler, envoyez votre CV et votre lettre de motivation par e-mail à firstname.lastname@example.org