Site Accion contra el hambre
Action against Hunger is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit organization created in 1979. Its goal is to combat hunger and dangerous situations that threaten men, women and children. Currently 500 expats and more than 5,000 employees are working for Action against Hunger in more than forty-six countries working in projects concerning four areas of focus: nutrition, health, food security and water and sanitation.
Collaborate in developing, coordinating and managing all the activities of the mission, in close collaboration with the Country Director, the annual programming, operations, security and relations with the interested parties
Responsible for promoting the coordination and construction of alliances with North American entities
Objective 1: Strategic planning
- Actively participates in the strategic update of the mission, as well as the identification of new areas of management and innovative approaches, which shall be consistent with the mission strategy
Objective 2: Improvement the quality of the project cycle in the mission as a whole
- Participates in the formulation of projects to be funded through public an/or private funds
Objective 3: Human Resources; Improve the management, coordination and communication of the Action Against Hunger teams in Central America.
- Participates in hiring of direct collaborators (coordination team), as well as other key positions, supporting in the writing of job descriptions, interviews and induction
Objective 4: Helps building strategic relationships and alliances with civil society organizations, private companies, universities and diverse foundations, with emphasis on those based in North America
- Participates in the identification of North American entities in the governmental, academic, business or civil society spheres that are interested in carrying out cooperation, social investment or research activities in Central America.
Objective 5: Financial Management and Planning
- In coordination with Regional Director and Administrative Coordinator, supports the mission’s financial planning tasks, and general budget monitoring of project contracts
Objective 6: Security Management
- Support the Regional Director in security management in order to facilitate access to populations and intervention areas in the safest way possible for Action against Hunger staff
- University degree, ideally related to international cooperation and / or economic development
- Deep knowledge in local economic development and rural development
- Deep knowledge in value chains and social economy
- Knowledge of emergency management
- Donor relations and management knowledge, with emphasis on those based in North America
- Experience in project implementation
- Experience in management and development of people.
- Experience in budget follow-up and control.
- Knowledge of Human Resources management.
- Previous experience in institutional representation and negotiation
- Work experience with counterparts and / or partners
- 5 years-experience working in humanitarian and/or development projects
- 2 years of experience in the management and leadership of teams.
- Desirable previous similar working experience
- Desirable previous similar working experience with Action against Hunger
- Native in English and Spanish
- Full literacy with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, etc), GIS (advantageous)
- GESPRA and Sharepoint management is desired
- Mobility: National and international
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Formal work contract: 12 months renewable
- Base: Ciudad de Guatemala
- Salary: from 34.632,00 € – 42.024,00 € gross per year according to candidate’s previous experience (according to standard list of Action Against Hunger – Spain). Action Against Hunger – Spain remuneration system allows a salary progression based on the annual development appraisal.
- Action Against Hunger – Spain remuneration system allows a salary progression based on the annual development appraisal.
- Up to 20% additional remuneration depending on the position’s context and responsibilities (according the grading scale set by Action Against Hunger)
- House and maintenance covered by the organization (including per diem): package estimated according to the destination.
- Travel costs to and from the mission.
- 25 working days of paid leave per year.
- Break: additional rest period, including travel cost to a reference area and economic help of 215€.
- Health, repatriation, travel and life insurance covered by the organization.
- Extra per month and per child (Under 18 years old): from 100€ to 225€ monthly (according to standard list of Action against Hunger – Spain).
Pour postuler, veuillez consulter l'URL suivante : https://employ.acf-e.org/index.php/positions/view/128/ →