Site STREET CHILD NGO
DATES: four to twelve week placement
LOCATION: urban and rural Sierra Leone
Do you have expertise from the world of business that could help us at Street Child develop our social enterprise ventures?
Street Child is a charity dedicated to empowering some of the most vulnerable children in the world by giving them the chance to go to school and giving their families the sustainable means to keep them there.
We are looking for people with relevant experience to undertake a voluntary entrepreneurial role and make a critical contribution to our organisation by scaling our efforts to enable out of school children to access a meaningful education. Street Child Commercial was established in Sierra Leone in 2011 as a unique fundraising stream whereby a series of shops and café bars create a sustainable source of profit which is re-invested in projects. Street Child Commercial is now seeking new avenues for expansion and growth of profits in both existing and new enterprises.
Responsibilities will include:
- Analysing and modelling the viability of the enterprise
- Researching the legal and regulatory requirements for establishment of the enterprise
- Designing and developing the enterprise in its startup phase, including the establishment of operational systems, staffing and management
You will have the opportunity to shape your own experience according to your skills, knowledge and goals making this is a wonderful opportunity to make a substantial difference to the organisation and its aim to empower children through education.
- Highly self-motivated and pro-active, with the ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to plan and implement plans in a structured manner
- Excellent communication skills, fluent English, both oral and written
- Independent and able to make decisions with little guidance
- Ability to be flexible and to work outside of your specific duties when needed, have fun and laugh along with a sometimes unpredictable environment!
- An interest in Africa, international affairs and/or international development would be of benefit.
The successful applicant must be prepared to live in very basic conditions and to travel independently in-country. Food, accommodation and flights are at the applicant’s own expense. A more detailed breakdown of costs and expenses will be provided for those applicants selected for interview. A fundraising commitment is also required.
Please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your experience, interest in the placement and availability.
Pour postuler, envoyez votre CV et votre lettre de motivation par e-mail à email@example.com