Site Terre des Hommes
he WASH/FLS/DRM Team supports a range of interventions within Tdh programmes to make a difference in the lives of millions of children in vulnerable situations. Tdh aims to develop advanced expertise for the well-being of children and young people through the use of FSL, and the Global Advisor will be leading the Foundation’s activities in this field.
Targeted start date : 01.04.2018
Activity rate : 100%
Post based in : Lausanne, Switzerland
Travel rate : 30%
Terre des hommes is looking for a dynamic individual with significant experience of working at an organisation-wide level to lead strategic development of its interventions in Food Security & Livelihood (FSL). The advisor will provide technical guidance and build internal capacity; partnerships and project portfolios at the country; regional and global levels in both development and relief settings. S/he will enhance knowledge and project cycle management on key FSL interventions; including gap analysis; professional skills building; cash transfer programming; distribution of natural assets & nature based solutions. This position contributes to Tdh’s commitment to protecting children’s health under diverse angles. To promote programmes that enhance the resilience of children, their families and communities, the Global Advisor will lead the development of the FSL (Food Security & Livelihoods) thematic for the foundation, including:
- Technical Guidance to FSL project coordinators and Delegation teams in development and humanitarian aid programmes ;
- Acquisition of strategic partnerships and ongoing interface with the global FSL community of practice
- Participation in strategic reflections within the Technical Resources Division and relating to Terre des hommes global operations.
- Identify partnerships, both technical and financial for intervention opportunities, and participate in project design and proposal writing in coordination with Tdh’s Programme, Geographic Zones and Fundraising Divisions
- Propose strategies and policies pertaining to FSL, and oversee their integration within Tdh development and humanitarian aid programmes.
- Integrate (and represents) Tdh in a strong network of partners: consortiums, technical working groups, research institutes, etc.; liaises with public and private donors concerned with FSL.
- Animate Tdh’s internal working group on FSL within the Operations Department (programmes, geographic zones and humanitarian aid teams).
- Assure the establishment of cross-cutting projects within Tdh Programmes: articulation between FSL and Tdh programmes in Health, Juvenile Justice, Migration, Child Labor and Humanitarian Aid.
- Act as a knowledge manager, coordinating the sharing of best practices from the global community of practice within Tdh programmes and vice versa. This includes sharing thematic updates, lessons learned and capacity building opportunities.
- Support innovation and research initiatives for FSL and lead special R&D projects where approved by supervisor.
- Provide coaching and technical support to field colleagues, assuring a smooth matrix style of management with their direct supervisors.
- Contribute to the annual budget exercise within the Division, and monitor expenditures during the year.
- Produce activity reports and documents related to project cycle management (e.g. knowledge management documentation, project proposals, budgets) as requested by supervisor.
- Travel to different locations upon request, to ensure technical guidance to field teams.
Child Safeguarding Policy:
- Raising awareness within the Foundation on violence against children.
- Providing guidance to employees and others and defining expectations when it comes to preventing, raising, denouncing and responding to issues of child abuse.
- Reducing the risk of child abuse by selectively recruiting employees and others.
- Reducing the risk of child abuse by developing a culture of open and informed leadership within the organization and in our work with children.
- Ideally 10 years of experience in international cooperation and a strong background designing, managing and supervising FSL interventions;
- Education: university degree in development studies, humanitarian action, social work or child welfare – or equivalent experience;
- Language: oral and written proficiency in both English and French;
- Mastery of conceptual frameworks and professional skills in FSL in development & emergency settings, and proven skills in conceptual frameworks in health, child protection, disaster risk management & WASH.
- Experience with implementing FSL projects or as cross-cutting interventions within broader programmes;
- Exposure to key modes of intervention in the FSL sector, including: gap analysis, professional skills building, cash transfer programming, distribution of natural assets & nature based solutions;
- Strong knowledge and experience in multiple countries of various regions is essential.
- Proactivity and attention to best practices.
- Supportive attitude and clear, concise and responsible communication, for providing technical advice to a diverse range of colleagues.
- Time and priority management, punctuality are essential, as well as flexibility, availability and adaptability for the success in this role.We will only consider complete online applications corresponding to the required profile.
Your application must include a complete CV and a covering letter. Additional documents such as diplomas and work certificates will only be required in case of an interview.
If you are not shortlisted, your file will be destroyed by us, according to the rules on data protection.
If you face difficulties in applying online, please contact our HR department: email@example.com
Terre des hommes provides equal working conditions for men and women. Furthermore, for candidates with equivalent qualifications and for positions with responsibilities, applications from women are strongly encouraged.
The recruitment and selection procedures of Terre des hommes reflect our commitment for child security and protection.
What is Terre des hommes: https://vimeo.com/253387235
Pour postuler, veuillez consulter l'URL suivante : https://tdh.luceosolutions.com/recrute/fo_annonce_voir.php?id=1037&idpartenaire=20004 →