Site Accion contra el hambre
Action against Hunger is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit organization created in 1979. Its goal is to combat hunger and dangerous situations that threaten men, women and children. Currently 500 expats and more than 5,000 employees are working for Action against Hunger in more than forty-six countries working in projects concerning four areas of focus: nutrition, health, food security and water and sanitation.
The Grant Manager, in close collaboration with the Country Director and the SMT members, will ensure regular oversight, monitoring, and support to the management of the Mission’s grant portfolio, all through the lifecycle, from early discussions with the donor and/or organisational partners, proposal preparation, to grant compliance checks, donor visibility requirements and reporting.
The Grant Manager will take the lead and coordinate the process of development of high quality funding proposals, concept notes and reports in compliance with donor regulations, and shall follow mission-level and HQ related established processes, and ensure all documentation is in line with Action Against Hunger’s Internal Guidelines and according to mission standards.
This is an extremely dynamic and rigorous role, requiring strong coordination and organisation skills, to ensure that all deliverables are produced in a timely manner, which can be a challenge at times. The Grant Manager will keep in regular contact with all staff involved in the implementation of grants.
Upon request from the Country Director, based on time avilability and needs, the Grant Manager could at key moments also support the Mission with tasks related to:
- Donor Mapping and Donor Intelligence
- Development of miscellaneous products for donors/external stakeholders
- Undertake communications activities, in line with the Mission’s Communication Plan and in the absence of a dedicated staff
- Ensure adequate coaching of new staff member in the event of a transition period.
Objective 1: Identification, coordination, preparation, writing and submission of quality and timely proposals/concept notes, following Action Against Hunger’s validation processes and taking into account the donor guidelines
Objective 2: Coordinate and lead the production and submission of quality and timely donor reports. Coordinate donor reporting processes as outlined at mission and HQ level, with the relevant departments to collect the information/inputs and ensure the timely submission of high quality programmatic reports
Objective 3: Provide Strategic and Technical support to Grant Management Maintain an updated calendar of project report obligations and project development, and ensure key staff are aware of it and respect the deadlines by sharing it regularly with the SMT and HQ project manager.
- Degree and/or Master’s Degree in Humanitarian Action or any related field (communications, political science, law, etc.)
- Good experience in proposal writing, donor rules and regulations, validation procedures, coordination of processes. Experience in Project Cycle Management. Ability to write donor reports and proposals in excellent English. Training and capacity building experience.
- Previous experience in a similar position and/or in the humanitarian field of at least 3 years.
- Desirable previous working experience with Action Against Hunger
- English: Compulsory working language. Excellent writing skills are required for this position. Arabic: Useful. Spanish: An asset.
- Good skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Mobility: National – The position is based in Jerusalem with frequent visits to the Bases (Gaza and Hebron) to follow up with Base Management and programme teams on reporting and proposal development, as well as to conduct capacity-building sessions. The Grant Manager will also travel to project sites if and when needed.
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Formal work contract: 8 months.
- Base: Jerusalem
- Compensation packaged: from 29.268€ to 35.268€ gross/year divided in 12 payments and based on experience y context. This salary includes a base salary + context plus + living expenses and per Diem (*)
- Guest House or similar accommodation covered by the organization
- Travel costs to and from the mission.
- Expat Health, repatriation, travel and life insurance covered by the organization
- 25 working days of paid leave per year.
(*) in local currency subject to unexpected changes in currency exchange
English: Compulsory working language. Excellent writing skills are required for this position. Arabic: Useful. Spanish: An asset
Pour postuler, veuillez consulter l'URL suivante : https://employ.acf-e.org/ →