Mission and Activities:
- Monitor and analyse developments on gender program and report on the implementation of the gender action plan.
- Work within the development team, in particular the rural livelihoods to analysis, inform programme design, formulation, management, and identify strategic actions to be undertaken to improve the quality of programme implementation of gender projects, in a timely manner.
- Manage gender specific programmes in accordance with agreed partners and teams for future programming and organizing dissemination of learning.
- Monitor programme expenditure against agreed budget lines and timeframes and ensure the financial resources are effectively used and to detect weaknesses in project implementation and advise management on corrective interventions.
- Develop and maintain positive working relations with a wide network of partners, including Government, development partners, media and NGOs.
- Lead, manage and motivate the gender team by ensuring they have clear objectives, work-plans and receive regular and meaningful feedback.
- Provide technical support and advice in the field of gender as relevant, including for the development of training activities, manuals, analyses and research.
- Provide advice on appropriate gender sensitive indicators in the performance measurement framework and support colleagues in the monitoring and reporting of programme results/outputs and objectives against agreed indicators.
- Ensure proper exchange of information with Communication Department about the project activities and achievements to enhance the projects’ visibility amongst the general public.
- Recruit, manage additional staff / volunteers, if needed, in collaboration with the HR and Administration Department and attend the meetings of both Operations and Gender Programme teams.
- Master degree in Social Sciences, ideally in Gender Studies or Development Studies.
- Strong engagement towards the welfare of women in developing countries.
- A minimum of four years relevant work experience managing a gender portfolio.
- Proficiency in project cycle appraisal, management, monitoring, reporting, analysis and synthesis.
- Knowledge and understanding of the institutional, legal and policy frameworks at national and local level that impact on the status of women in Himalaya.
- An influential communicator, with excellent written and verbal skills in both English and French.
- Evidence of good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to network effectively, with the ability to develop a wide range of relevant contacts.
- Comfortable working within a multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural team.
- Good knowledge of and affinity with the Himalayas are a definite asset.
The Centre for Women in the Himalayas offers:
- The opportunity to play an active role in bettering the life of vulnerable populations in the Himalayas.
- Working in an enthusiastic, motivated and cohesive team.
- The opportunity to work with a high degree of autonomy, a great sense of responsibility, and a spirit of initiative.
- Rewarding NGO experiences.
Duration and work time: Long term position, at least 2 years at 50% or more
Location: Weekly presence at Geneva office; partially home-based work
Application process: Please apply by sending your cover letter and CV to email@example.com ref. HOGIP
Pour postuler, veuillez consulter l'URL suivante : http://firstname.lastname@example.org ref. HOGIP →