The Development and Outreach Department of Human Rights Watch (“HRW”) is seeking a highly-qualified applicant for the position of Manager in the Development and Outreach Department to support relationships with donors and prospects in France. This position is full-time and requires availability to work occasional night events. The Manager is based in Paris and reports to the Senior Director of Development, also based in Paris.
- Work with the Senior Director of Development and Outreach to identify, cultivate, service, and solicit individual donors, prospects and Committee members;
- Work in partnership with the Senior Director of Development and Outreach on the fundraising strategy for France and its implementation;
- Manage the production of fundraising, outreach and cultivation events in Paris, including HRW’s annual Voices for Justice dinner, researcher briefings, advocacy and cultivation events;
- Coordinate public outreach, form relationships with partner organizations, and identify new opportunities;
- Manage various aspects of the Paris Committee including Committee meetings, executive meetings, sub-committee meetings, communications, and special events and projects;
- Coordinate select initiatives and help to manage the Paris Committee’s sub-committees with these initiatives;
- Create agendas, prepare background materials, and conduct follow-up to meetings;
- Manage communications with constituents via phone, mail and electronic media;
- Oversee membership support services for the Paris office, including mailings, gift tracking, gift processing and acknowledgments, using HRW’s Raiser’s Edge (“RE”) database;
- Oversee prospect and donor research and profiles and manage RE donor entries;
- Track guest lists, donor lists, fundraising, and expenses and budgets for all events;
- Supervise support staff and interns and volunteers, as required;
- Deliver outputs in a timely manner and be consistent with the agreed strategy and priorities of the Development and Outreach Department; and
- Perform other responsibilities as may be required.
- Education: An undergraduate degree in communications, marketing, social sciences, or related studies is required.
- Experience: A minimum of 5 years of event planning, commercial, networking or fundraising experience is required.
- Related Skills and Knowledge:
1. Experience coordinating events, preferably large-scale events, is required.
2. Creativity, initiative, follow-through and excellent organizational skills are required.
3. Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and French are required.
4. The ability to work well under pressure and to manage multiple priorities, working effectively toward deadlines is required.
5. Strong interpersonal skills to work collaboratively within Human Rights Watch as well as with external partners are required.
6. Strong technology skills including knowledge of social media are required. Experience with donor databases is preferred.
7. An entrepreneurial spirit and the discipline to work independently, but also the ability to function as a member of a development team is highly desirable.
8. Demonstrated commitment to human rights and/or international issues and the capacity to master and represent the mission and programs of Human Rights Watch are highly desirable.
Salary and Benefits: HRW seeks exceptional applicants and offers competitive compensation and employer-paid benefits.
How to Apply: Please apply immediately or by April 5, 2018 by visiting our online job portal. No calls or email inquiries, please. Only complete applications will be reviewed and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application submission, please email email@example.com. Due to the large response, application submissions via email will not be accepted and inquiries regarding the status of applications will go unanswered.
Human Rights Watch is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices and, in order to build the strongest possible workforce, actively seeks a diverse applicant pool.
Human Rights Watch is an international human rights monitoring and advocacy organization known for its in-depth investigations, its incisive and timely reporting, its innovative and high-profile advocacy campaigns, and its success in changing the human rights-related policies and practices of influential governments and international institutions.
Pour postuler, veuillez consulter l'URL suivante : https://careers.hrw.org/opportunities/show/?jobid=1597 →