Site Concern Worldwide
About the role: This is a 1 year, new role with unaccompanied based in the Middle East Region (Northern Iraq, Turkey, Lebanon and Northern Syria) with a salary of Band 4 €35,981 – €39,979.
You will report directly to the organizational Internal Auditor with a day to day functional line to the Country Director of the based country. In-country, you will liaise with Systems Directors/General Systems Coordinator, Programmes Directors, Country Financial Controllers and Finance teams; Area Coordinators, Logistics and Support Managers. In HQ, you will liaise with Regional Director, Desk Officer and Internal Audit Manager.
We would like you to start as soon as possible.
Your purpose: You will be responsible to ensure that the Concern programme, including its partners, is fully compliant with Concern and its donors’ rules and regulations. You will ensure sound financial monitoring by planning and executing both scheduled and ad hoc audit assignments including donor compliance, internal control assessments, partners’ verification visits and fraud investigations. You will contribute to a systematic and disciplined approach to risk management, controls and governance processes within Concern and partners
You will be responsible for:
- Internal controls
- Developing, evaluating and documenting an internal control system.
- Systematically sampling the internal control and accounting systems to assess adequacy and reliability.
- Carrying out reviews and verification of records, to assess compliance with Concern policies and procedures and national and donor standards & policies and procedures, and to recommend changes.
- Ensuring compliance with established procedures as laid down in the Overseas Finance and Overseas Procurement Manuals.
- Ensuring internal control procedures are being complied with. This involves regular visits to all Concern projects as well as HO departments, to ensure all Concern worldwide financial policies and procedures are being correctly adhered to and implemented.
- Produce high quality concise audit reports, to substantiate finding, with clear recommendations for submission to the Country Management teams.
- Monitoring policy and procedures compliance and establishing techniques to discover and prevent potential fraud.
- Investigating any identified suspicions of fraud and make recommendations for appropriate management response. Identify/track the incidence of fraud and error; by carrying out necessary checks to ensure transactions are genuine and fair and to prevent abuse and misuse of Concern’s resources.
- Produce high quality factual and concise investigation reports, when requested.
- Systematically track implementation of audit findings and recommendations.
- Periodically auditing/reviewing systems or operations to determine whether the risks are being effectively managed, carrying out regular checks on Concern’s finance, transport, logistic, administrative and stores systems in order to assess potential risk.
- Donor specific compliance
- Ensuring effective donor compliance; reviewing donor guidelines on areas that could lead to ineligibility of costs (procurement, overspend, rule of origin) and carrying out training with staff and partners to assist with compliance and clear audit trail.
- Leading on the archiving of all documentation preparing for audit trail.
- Partner financial monitoring
- Monitoring partners to ensure their financial integrity within the framework of policies and procedures established by Concern and generally accepted accounting principles and standards.
- Assessing financial and operational risks of Concern’s partner and ensure that all risks identified are adequately managed. This will involve identifying partner’s financial capacity gaps, making recommendations to address the gaps and follow up the implementation of the recommendations.
- Assess partner organizations using CLOFAT at the time of new partner selection and make recommendations on partner risk management to the Country Management.
- Periodically audit/ review systems or operations to determine whether the risks are being effectively managed and to check compliance with terms and conditions stated in the partnership agreement.
- Carry out investigation audit of partners as requested by Concern management.
- Review the partners external audit reports and management letters and follow up on issues raised.
- Participate/facilitate training for partner staff as requested by management.
- Producing high quality visit/audit reports with substantiated finding and clear recommendations
- Any other duties as requested by the Country Director
Your skills and experience will include:
This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- A recognised professional qualification:
- ACCA (Certified Chartered Accountant)
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant)
- 3+ years in auditing
- At least 3 years post qualification working in an audit function
- Thorough understanding of the principles and application of good corporate governance, business and operational risk and control processes and procedures
- Must be fully fluent in English
We would also like:
- Ability to speak, read and write Arabic is an asset.
- Previous work experience in response to the Syrian crisis.
- Affinity with organisational values, mission and vision, commitment to humanitarian principles
- Experience of managing major donor grants such as ECHO, BPRM, Irish Aid
All candidates who are short-listed for a first round interview will be notified via email after the application deadline.
Concern Worldwide is an Irish-based non-governmental, international, humanitarian organisation dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries.
Pour postuler, veuillez consulter l'URL suivante : https://jobs.concern.net/jobs/international/vacancy/internal-auditor-0184/202/description/ →