Desired start date: October
Duration of the mission: 3-6 months (TBC depending on funding)
Location: Position based in Erbil / KRI (with frequent travels to the field)
Solidarités International opened a mission in February 2017 to contribute to address the needs of the Mosul-crisis affected populations, and since then SI is conducting an emergency programme in Iraq to respond to those unmet needs related the Mosul crisis with a 2 pillar strategy:
- Life-saving Response: Provision of emergency WASH assistance to vulnerable populations affected by the Mosul conflict
- Sustainable support: Support rehabilitation of water infrastructures damaged/destroyed to ensure a more sustainable access to safe and sufficient water.
To that end, SI is carrying out a WaSH response aiming at running emergency surface water treatment stations (SWAT) in Hamam al-Alil (30km South of Mosul) and Abu Saïf (3km south of the Mosul Airport) and also distribution of drinking water via water trucking, distribution of hygiene kits, hygiene promotion and provision of emergency sanitation in West Mosul.
SI further aims at rehabilitating water networks in Mosul and providing assistance in livelihoods is also considered.
Organization of the mission
The SI mission has been opened in February 2017, with emphasis on the Mosul response. The mission is relatively small with at the moment only one base in Erbil (5 expatriates and 8 national staffs). There are 3 operational teams (30 staffs in total) in the different locations (Hamam Al alil, Abu Saif and West Mosul) with small offices in the two first locations. The 2 field offices are supported by one logistic assistant. Regarding the evolution of the context, the mission will aim at keeping an emergency WaSH component with ongoing research for development of new areas in line with the coming military offensive in Hawidja and Anbar. In addition SI, as per its 2018 strategy aim at developing activities in other areas (such as Kirkuk and Anbar governorates), this emphasizing on emergency WaSH and early recovery (food security and livelihood) interventions.
ABOUT THE JOB
The logistics coordinator works under the immediate supervision of the Head of Mission. S/he coordinates the logistics activities and team and ensures the logistics process and procedures as per SI regulations. S/he manages and trains logistics team, make sure purchases and timely supply to respond to program and office needs. S/he contributes to define and implement security and access strategies for the mission.
Specific stakes and challenges
- Implement semi-remote logistics management with regular visit on the field required
- Limited logistic capacity on the field
- Need to ensure/reinforce the good implementation of SI logistic procedures on the mission
- Access challenges for staffs and goods transportation on the field in an evolving context with potential tensions between Iraq central government and Kurdistan region of Iraq.
- Opening new bases in conflict affected area under volatile security context
- Access negotiations and security procedures definition/implementation for new areas
Priorities for the 2/3 first months
- Logistic support for a new project in West Mosul (supplies/access potential challenges)
- Launch new project, team recruitment and opening of base in targeted new areas (under definition).
- Access strategy and security procedures implementation in new areas
- Reinforcement of mission logistic procedures
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with INGO specialized in humanitarian assistance, with at least 1 year in a Logistics coordinator position.
- Experience in supporting emergency response, preferably in conflict/post-conflict contexts
- Experience in managing teams and building staff capacity
- A keen understanding and experience in the Middle East (particularly on the Syria crisis) would be a strong asset
- Problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to assess challenges and recommend solutions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Working knowledge of Arabic is an asset.
- Commitment to the fundamental principles of SI’s charter and ethos.
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English. CV only applications will not be considered.
NB : The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
SI WILL OFFER
A salaried post: According to your experience and starting from 2.200 euros gross per month plus a monthly Per Diem of 750 USD.
Social and medical cover: Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
Break: During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of one break every three months. For a one-year assignment, the expatriate will have a 7-day break during the 3rd and the 9th month (with 500 euros allocated by Solidarités). He or she will also be entitled to go back to his or her home country for a 14-day period after six months spent on the mission (Solidarités will cover travel costs).
Pour postuler, veuillez consulter l'URL suivante : http://HYGIENE PROMOTION ACTIVITY SPECIALIST →