Site Médecins du monde France
For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies. Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations. MdM currently works in 44 countries across all continents where it focuses on 4 priority areas: caring for the health of migrants and displaced persons, promoting sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction associated with drug use, emergencies and crisis.
Following the deterioration of the security environment in Yemen and the difficulty to have a large expatriate team in Yemen, MDM strategy for 2017 is to reinforce progressively the national staff competences and therefore depends less on expatriate presence. The MDM Yemeni staff is progressively empowered and will directly manage the mission with the support of expatriates having more a capacity building functions.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direct supervision of administrative support and training strategy coordinator, as logistics training and support coordinator, you will be responsible for training, coaching and supporting the national logisitcs manager and the logistics team, regarding the definition of country program logistics strategy, the implementation of MdM policies and procedures, procurements / supply chain, stocks management, park management, movement follow up, security management and team management.
Consequently, you will be in charge of:
Carrying out a competence assessment of the logistics manager as well as a training plan.
Designing training curricula based on the competences assessment.
Providing day to day support and be particularly careful regarding the good understanding as well as the quality of MDM tools (planning, monitoring, evaluation), the respect of procedures, reporting and team management.
Validating and ensuring the respect of procurement procedures, monitoring tool (stocks, fleet management, …), and security management.
Monitoring the skills / competences acquisition process through regular formal appraisal.
Based on the competences assessment and training plan, you will support the Log Manager in the following duties :
– Define/adapt and implement the logistic tools required to achieve the general objectives, according to MDM procedures.
– Assist fields on schedule all logistics activities needed, in order to reach projects objectives
– Perform the role of technical adviser and take final responsibility for all logistical tasks of the Mission
-Take part to any assessment as per required
-Develop and maintain good network of contacts to facilitate emergency responses (customs, suppliers, other NGOs, etc.) and provide logistics support to any emergency responses as per needed
Procurement & Supply Chain
– Ensure the overall supply chain management for the response in country (international & local purchases).
– Ensure active monitoring of the purchasing process including overseeing local customs clearance of imports, until delivery of the goods and the official handover of items against signature of receipt
– Responsible for the line management of specified logistics staff in accordance with HR policies and procedures, including recruitment and performance management.
– Responsible for the capacity building and training of all logistics staff to improve efficiency, awareness of, and compliance with, logistics systems and procedures.
– Ensure security briefing regarding movements and means of communication to all expat and national staff joining the mission.
– Monitor the security context and any deterioration in this that could affect operations and provide guidance to teams/sites as required.
Meetings, Representation and Reporting:
– Represent MdM with relevant external organisations and networks at national level and actively networking.
– Consolidate logistics reporting (assets, fleet, premises …) and prepare monthly logistic report
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Status : Employee
Contract : Fixed-term contract
Duration : 6 months
Position to be filled as soon as possible
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
Experience to work in volatile security context
Experience in clearance and supply chain management
Ability to work in emergency context. With strong security rules.
Ability to work quickly, under pressure, and with short deadlines,
Technical skills in: Security, supply chain, stock, team management, IT.
Be aware that Logistics is also paperwork, excel files and word documents,
Must demonstrate flexibility to adapt to changing requirements,
Experience in capacity building and trainings.
Rehabilitation/construction experience preferable
Knowledge of Yemen or working in the Region an asset
Excellent communication skills, listening and diplomacy skills
Experience in managing Health program in an asset
Ability to listen, provide guidance and foster good team dynamic
Pedagogy and organizational skills
Leadership / team player
Languages: English fluent – French fluent an asset
You are committed to MdM’s values as an organisation and motivated by its non-statutory, NFP model
Pour postuler, veuillez consulter l'URL suivante : https://www.acodev.be/jobs/logistics-training-and-support-coordinator-mf →