Role & Responsibilities
Implement quality health services and contributing to the achievement of proposal objectives within the planned timescale and budget, for the areas of responsibility within the health project. Important parts of the role include: building the capacity of the local health team by providing appropriate and relevant supervision, training and technical support; contributing to monitoring and reporting on project progress; and liaising with community leaders and health officials as requested.
Medair will be partnering with IOM to support 5 mobile medical teams to carry out rapid medical response in light of the upcoming monsoon rains and possible cyclones. Mobile medical teams will be utilized to provide rapid triage and referrals and referrals. In addition, teams could support temporary emergency PHCs when access is limited or provide support and supervision to medical teams implementing oral rehydration points in event of a cholera outbreak. In addition, Medair will be supporting 3 TSFP/BSFP nutrition sites with IYCF and there may be some overlapping support which health managers could provide at times to the separate nutrition team. Take a look at Medair’s Health & Nutrition work.
Field based position in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh.
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Full time, 12 months.
Key Activity Areas
· Be responsible for the implementation, management, supervision and support of the projects in line with the activity plan and time frame of the project proposal and international guidelines.
· Provide daily leadership to mobile medical teams (MMT) in the camp setting providing oversight and supervision.
· Serve as the coordination link between the MMT and the field coordination hub.
· Ensure that regular monitoring and evaluation assessments are conducted both against project objectives and to ensure the quality of the programme, with reports being made to managers.
· Provide input into the integration of beneficiary participation and accountability in the project.
· Oversee the process of data collection, collation and dissemination to meet the requirements.
· Ensure accurate and timely reporting of activities for internal and external reports (e.g. monthly, quarterly and final reports) as requested by field managers, HQ and donors.
· Input into the development of the country strategy, new projects and/or donor proposals as requested by field managers.
· Manage the recruitment, day-to-day management, development and training, appraisals, etc.
· Ensure the team members receive relevant supervision, coaching and training in order to develop their personal and professional skills, knowledge and understanding.
Financial & Logistics Management
· Work to plan, construct and manage health budgets for the assigned health project(s).
· Manage the correct and timely ordering (within budgetary constraints) of all necessary medicines, supplies and equipment, ensuring minimum stocks are maintained and items are distributed correctly.
Communication and Coordination
· Serve as communication and coordination focal point. Develop supportive communication structures.
· Implement policies and standards relating to health service delivery including Sphere and HAP standards, etc.
· Participate as requested in Medair internal workshops and distance learning.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
· Clinical degree or diploma (nurse, midwife paramedic, or doctor), or Public Health degree.
· Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written).
Experience / Competencies
· 2 years’ post-qualification nursing / medical professional experience
· Experience working on emergency response team, in A&E/ER, or prior training in mass casualty events.
· Able to develop and maintain effective relationships with colleagues, beneficiaries and local authorities.
· Good report writing and problem solving skills. Excellent organisational skills
· Able to prioritise, enforce procedures, set clear objectives and delegate.
· Committed to consultative and servant minded leadership.
· This is a field-based position and working and living conditions may be very different to that previously experienced.
Before you apply
Please ensure you are fully aware of the:
b) Profiles sought for Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS).
c) Medair Relief & Recovery Orientation Course (ROC) (which forms part of the recruitment selection process for field positions).
d) Benefits Package provided for Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS).
To apply, go to the « Current Vacancies » page then:
a) apply for this vacancy (or another position that matches your profile), or
b) apply for a Medair ROC (where we can try and match your competencies to our vacancy needs).
Please do not make multiple applications. We will not review email applications. Only English-language applications / CVs will be reviewed.
Pour postuler, envoyez votre CV et votre lettre de motivation par e-mail à firstname.lastname@example.org