Role & Responsibilities
Working as a senior member of a diverse team who are committed to serve the world’s most vulnerable with practical and compassionate care the Project Coordinator manages the implementation and coordination of the designated field projects.
Medair’s emergency response team and partner World Concern completed shelter and hygiene kit distributions for Rohingya refugees in November, 2017, and Medair is now transitioning into longer-term programming with a focus on nutrition services in the refugee camps. Strong leadership will be needed to guide the team in a time of transition and to provide vision when the nutrition project begins. The Medair is team is also pursuing opportunities to implement additional distributions of emergency shelter, hygiene and household items, especially to newly arriving refugees.
Field based position in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh (with occasional travel to Dhaka).
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
July 2018. Full time, 12 months.
Key Activity Areas
· Oversee the overall implementation of the designated in accordance with the project proposals ensuring objectives are met within the required time frame and budget.
· Manage a comprehensive activity plan for the designated projects, including resource needs analysis, covering the time frame of the project proposal.
· Ensure that regular monitoring and evaluation assessments against project objectives are conducted.
· Maintain an overview of the regional context with a view to the strategic development of new projects.
· Support the Country Director in the development and production of new concepts and proposals.
· Develop, in consultation with the other senior field managers, an implementation strategy which is appropriate to the country context and strategy.
· Ensure all documents are produced according to Medair and donor guidelines. PCs own all reporting.
· Develop relationships with relevant stakeholders (e.g. beneficiaries, community leaders, government officials, donors, UN agencies and other NGOs) and represent Medair at relevant meetings (e.g. state and local government, sector-coordination and security) in order to facilitate and ensure cooperation.
· Accompany donors on field trips and ensure programme details are transmitted in a timely and professional way.
· Plan, construct, create and own budgets, financial reports, etc.
· Monitor the spending to ensure they operate in line with guidelines.
· Owner of the grants and budgets, responsible for balance between timely implementation of the project, quality issues, necessary changes, balance projects vs bases expenditures, etc.
· Ensure all personnel related issues for the staff are carried out in accordance with Medair guidelines. This includes recruitment, appraisal, development and training, disciplinary action, etc.
· Hold regular team meetings and, through a consultative leadership style and a transparent, honest and supportive communication structure, develop and build an effective team.
· Promote the health and security of the staff of the designated project(s) by ensuring the application of security guidelines, health and safety in the workplace and healthy living conditions and practices.
· Monitor, review and analyse the security status of the areas of operation on a regular basis, liaising as appropriate with local authorities, other NGOs, the UN or other relevant security bodies.
· Ensure all staff members and all visitors receive training in security-related topics. Train Project Managers in security planning, management, etc.
· Promote and use the Medair operating procedures, ensuring that guidelines are followed.
· Ensure designated projects are implemented in line with donor proposals and requirements.
· Pro-actively seek advice of quality team and implement within cost, scope and time.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
· University degree in a relevant subject such as Management / Development / Business Administration.
· Strong working knowledge of English and French (spoken and written).
Experience / Competencies
· 2 years post-qualification experience in a management position, preferably in a relief environment.
· Computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
· Advanced planning, assessment and analytical skills. Leadership and project management skills.
· Consultative and servant leadership with excellent communication skills and training willingness.
· Capacity to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels.
· Dynamic, creative, open-minded, flexible, self-learner, self-motivated and hard-working.
· This is a field-based position and working and living conditions may be very different to that previously experienced.
Before you apply, please ensure you are fully aware of the:
b) Profiles sought for Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS).
c) Medair Relief & Recovery Orientation Course (ROC) (which forms part of the recruitment selection process for field positions).
d) Benefits Package provided for Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS).
To apply, go to the « Current Vacancies » page then:
e) apply for this vacancy (or another position that matches your profile), or
f) apply for a Medair ROC (where we can try and match your competencies to our vacancy needs).
Please do not make multiple applications. We will not review email applications.
Only English-language applications / CVs will be reviewed.