Role & Responsibilities
Focus mostly on psychosocial support activities, CBO collaboration and capacity building, and a project which uses a care-group model for behaviour change. This role will also be working closely with partner organisations in a EU-Madad funded project.
Medair is implementing emergency response and recovery projects to address health and psychosocial needs for communities affected by the Syrian crisis. The projects are being implemented in a complex context and have a focus in rural and urban settings. Great focus required on capacity building for local staff and coordination with the UN, NGO system, and CBOs to assess and respond to needs in a complex and quickly evolving context. Take a look at Medair’s Health & Nutrition work.
Field based position in Amman, Jordan.
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Full time, 12 to 24 months.
Key Activity Areas
Health Project Management
· Manage the assigned health and psychosocial project(s) in order to meet the project objectives within budget and within the allotted time frame and report promptly any operational concerns to line manager and regional health and nutrition advisor.
· Provide strong leadership of the assigned health and psychosocial project(s), working to ensure both short and long-term positive impacts and outcomes for the beneficiaries, local health authorities (where applicable) and local health and nutrition staff.
· Contribute to development and implementation of an appropriate and effective health and psychosocial strategy including proactive planning for responsible exit in consultation with regional health and nutrition advisor, other health and nutrition staff and field managers.
· Provide input into the integration of beneficiary participation and accountability in the project.
· Develop new proposals, linked to the assessed needs and gaps and the Medair country strategy, in conjunction with the relevant field managers and the regional health advisor.
· Line-manage Health staff. This includes day-to-day management, development and training, etc.
· Facilitate regular meetings to assist information sharing between project staff and local partner, to ensure all staff members are aware of project objectives and current work plans.
· Manage the budget for the assigned project(s) and ensure all expenses are according to budget and meet the Medair standards with regard to financial management, including accountability and good governance.
Communication and Coordination
· Maintain appropriate, regular, transparent and supportive communication structures with the assigned health team, Medair staff, local partner or other local NGO partner and other relevant stakeholders with the objective of ensuring good cooperation and partnerships.
· Collaborate and share staff where needed, ensuring the integration of the overall health projects. Coordination is also needed between the Cash and Case Management PM and all support functions within the Jordan programme.
· Follow Medair logistics procedures for procurement related to health projects.
· Liaise, as necessary, with the health, logistics and finance staff to ensure items are procured, transported, stored, managed and accounted for correctly.
· Ensure health and nutrition projects are implemented in line with donor proposals and requirements.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
· Medical doctor, bachelor nurse, psychologist /psychiatric nurse, or a public health degree and experience in mental health care.
· Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written).
Experience / Competencies
· 2 years post-qualification nursing / medical professional experience.
· At least 1 year management experience in a health and/or psychosocial field in a developing country/emergency context.
· Experience in planning and facilitating community health and psychosocial support activities.
· Experience in the design, monitoring, implementation and evaluation of public health, RH and psychosocial programmes. Experience in training / mentoring / coaching staff.
· Aptitude for community mobilisation and capacity-building. Ability to manage project implementation
· Able to prioritise clearly and oversee multiple tasks.
· This is a field-based position and working and living conditions may be very different to that previously experienced.
Before you apply
Please ensure you are fully aware of the:
b) Profiles sought for Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS).
c) Medair Relief & Recovery Orientation Course (ROC) (which forms part of the recruitment selection process for field positions).
d) Benefits Package provided for Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS).
To apply, go to the « Current Vacancies » page then:
a) apply for this vacancy (or another position that matches your profile), or
b) apply for a Medair ROC (where we can try and match your competencies to our vacancy needs).
Please do not make multiple applications. We will not review email applications. Only English-language applications / CVs will be reviewed.
Pour postuler, envoyez votre CV et votre lettre de motivation par e-mail à email@example.com