Role & Responsibilities
Coordinate and facilitate the programme teams to prepare proposals and reports for submission to institutional donors; maintain appropriate information systems; track the internal progress of proposals and reports; research new funding sources and support the Jordan Country Director in donor relationship management when required. Providing strategic support and review of all aspects of Medair’s proposals, the Jordan PFM plays a key role in grant management. This role has a particular focus on the Jordan country programme but may from time to time include assistance to other countries in the Middle East Region.
Medair has been present in the Middle East Region in response the Syrian Crisis since 2012, with ongoing operations in Jordan and Lebanon, in northern Iraq since 2014 and in Syria since early 2015. Regionally, Medair takes a multi-sector approach wherever possible and has existing programmes in Health and Nutrition, Shelter, WASH and Cash/NFIs, focussing on the emergency needs of the Syrian refugees and Syrian and Iraq internally displaced persons (IDPs), as well as the needs of vulnerable host communities.
Workplace & Conditions
Field based position in Amman, Jordan.
This is a field-based position and working and living conditions may be very different to that previously experienced.
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
April 2018. Full time, 12 to 24 months.
Key Activity Areas
Donor Relations Management
· Coordinate and facilitate the drafting and presentation of all proposals, operational and financial reports related to the Jordan programme. Prepare and manage timelines for preparing proposal and report submissions, provide templates, guidelines and donor- specific advice to ensure that all involved staff members are aware of their needed contributions.
· Support the Jordan Country Director in maintaining efficient donor relationship management (e.g. tracking current donors, future opportunities, contact details and disseminating information)
· Ensure that best practice is communicated, followed and shared in all aspects of grants management.
· Support the Country Director and Deputy Country Directors to develop, network and maintain good relations with the in-country representatives of relevant funding partners in order to secure funding for the assigned programmes, as required.
· Support the development of a sustainable regional strategy and country strategies.
· Plan and implement regional meetings, exchanges and facilitate collaboration, as required.
· Provide support, coaching and cover for other PFM roles within Medair as required.
· Develop and manage the regional base (office) budget and monitor expenditure, on behalf of the
· Coordinate and track institutional donor proposals and reports, managed by the Jordan Country Director and in consultation with other senior field managers, HQ staff and the Head of Country Programmes (HCP).
· Maintain an overview of the assigned programme’s relationships with, and funding from Medair’s key
· institutional donors; providing analysis and information to senior management.
· Contribute to training and coaching national and international staff within the assigned country programmes on relevant programme funding topics and writing techniques, as well as institutional donor requirements specific to their programme.
· Contribute to internal Medair quality improvement projects and trainings as required.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
· University degree in a relevant subject such as Management / Development Studies / Business
· Administration or in a relevant technical subject.
· Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written).
Experience / Competencies
· 1 years post-qualification experience in a complex humanitarian emergency.
· At least 1 year of management experience.
· At least 2 years’ experience in a programme funding or grant-writing role.
· Experience in dealing with donors and government officials.
· Excellent interpersonal, communication and networking skills; manage relationships with donors.
· Numerate and able to work with project budgets, financial reports and financial management systems.
· M&E experience; experience of maintaining grant management systems.
· Knowledge of Humanitarian Essentials, Sphere and HAP Standards, guidelines and protocols.
· Team-player with good inter-personal skills; Problem solver, dynamic and mature.
Before you apply
Please ensure you are fully aware of the:
c) Benefits Package provided for International Headquarters staff.
a) go to our Current Vacancies page
b) and apply for this vacancy (or another position that matches your profile).
Please do not make multiple applications. We will not review email applications. Only English-language applications / CVs will be reviewed.
Pour postuler, envoyez votre CV et votre lettre de motivation par e-mail à email@example.com