Role & Responsibilities
Responsible for the daily running of the base facility / office in Juba making sure that the living and work area will be arranged for all Juba staff and transit staff.
Multi-sector relief programme including: provision of Primary Health Care, Nutrition, Health and Hygiene Promotion, Water and Sanitation and NFI & Emergency Shelter distributions across fixed and emergency response locations throughout South Sudan. The goal is to assist in reducing morbidity and mortality in vulnerable communities in South Sudan.
Field based position in Juba, South Sudan.
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Full time, 24 months
Key Activity Areas
· Overall management of the Juba base, including contract management (rent, utilities, security), ongoing maintenance, discrete projects and any other duties that may arise to ensure the smooth running of the base and office space.
· Overall management of the maintenance and quality control of any construction work on Medair premises in Juba.
· Make sure the base remains well stocked and furnished, while complying with the Medair procurement procedures.
· Develop and monitor the annual base budget with input from other support managers.
· Develop weekly duty rotas and ensure the appropriate room allocations for staff based in Juba and those transiting through.
· Meet the logistics related administrative requirements of Medair, donors, local legislation, suppliers, contractors and any other stakeholders, so that the logistical aspects of Juba facilities function efficiently, effectively and with integrity.
· Review, develop and implement (as applicable) systems to improve transparency and to detect and ultimately prevent loss or fraud within base logistics. Carry-out regular inspections and spot-checks, both on systems and on-going work, to ensure the best use of Medair assets and resources.
· In addition to the main base manager duties, be flexible and adaptable to cross cover other logistics positions in Juba and in field sites as required.
· Manage and oversee the base staff, including recruitment, day-to-day management, development and training, appraisal, etc.
· Hold regular team meetings with the direct reports, reviewing team and individual objectives and ensuring team members are kept informed of issues relevant to their work
· Develop and maintain a transparent, honest and supportive communication structure with colleagues to ensure they are kept informed of applicable activities and requirements
· Maintain positive relationships with suppliers, local authorities, other NGOs and any other stakeholders related to base management and security, representing Medair and ensuring good co-operation and partnerships
· Working in conjunction with the Country Director and Deputy Country Directors, ensure Juba facilities are secure and compliant with Medair South Sudan security requirements.
· Develop Guard schedules and ensure guard coverage
· Facilitate welcoming and familiarising visitors and new comers with the base. Facilitate spaces and routines that enhance community.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
· University degree in relevant subject as Logistics/Management/Business Administration or equivalent professional / technical qualification.
· Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written).
Experience / Competencies
· Project Management / Security management experience.
· 2 years’ experience working in a cross-cultural setting.
· Able to develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
· Diplomatic, especially for working with authorities and suppliers.
· Technical understanding of mechanical and communication equipment.
· Good numerical and report writing skills. Problem solving ability. Attention to detail.
· Strong leadership skills and a supportive management style. Strong administrator.
· Able to oversee multiple tasks, prioritising and delegating as required.
· Team-player with good communication and inter-personal skills.
· Creative, open-minded, flexible, self-learner.
· This is a field-based position and working and living conditions may be very different to that previously experienced.
Before you apply
Please ensure you are fully aware of the:
b) Profiles sought for Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS).
c) Medair Relief & Recovery Orientation Course (ROC) (which forms part of the recruitment selection process for field positions).
d) Benefits Package provided for Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS).
To apply, go to the « Current Vacancies » page then:
a) apply for this vacancy (or another position that matches your profile), or
b) apply for a Medair ROC (where we can try and match your competencies to our vacancy needs).
Please do not make multiple applications. We will not review email applications. Only English-language applications / CVs will be reviewed.
Pour postuler, envoyez votre CV et votre lettre de motivation par e-mail à email@example.com