Role & Responsibilities
Implement quality health services and contribute to the achievement of proposal objectives within the planned timescale and budget, for the areas of responsibility within the health project. Important parts of the role include: building the capacity of the local health team by providing appropriate and relevant supervision, training and technical support; contributing to monitoring and reporting on project progress; and liaising with community leaders and health officials as requested.
A multi-sector programme focused on meeting the nutritional needs of vulnerable women and children in Aweil County through provision of community based nutrition services with complementary Health, WASH and BCC activities. Take a look at Medair’s Health & Nutrition work.
Field based position in Aweil, South Sudan.
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
June 2018. Full time, 24 months.
Key Activity Areas
· Be responsible for the implementation, management, supervision and support of the assigned health project in line with the activity plan and time frame of the relevant project proposal and any applicable national and international guidelines and standards.
· Conduct regular field trips to clinics and other health facilities for support and supervision.
· Ensure that regular monitoring and evaluation assessments are conducted both against project objectives and to ensure the quality of the programme, with reports being made.
· Provide input into the integration of beneficiary participation and accountability in the project.
· Oversee the process of data collection, collation and dissemination to meet the requirements and deadlines set by Medair and/or external partners.
· Ensure accurate and timely reporting of activities for internal and external reports (e.g. monthly, quarterly and final reports) as requested by field managers, HQ and donors.
· Input into the development of the country strategy, new projects and/or donor proposals.
· Manage the assigned health team including recruitment, day-to-day management, development and training, appraisals, etc.
· Ensure the assigned health team members receive appropriate supervision, coaching, mentoring and training in order to develop their personal and professional skills, knowledge and understanding.
· Work with the relevant field managers to plan and manage health budgets.
Communication and Coordination
· Develop and maintain appropriate communication structures with the assigned health team, Medair in-country health managers and advisors and other relevant stakeholders.
· Represent Medair at relevant local level coordination meetings.
· Manage the correct and timely ordering (within budgetary constraints) of all necessary medicines, supplies and equipment for the assigned health facilities and activities, ensuring minimum stocks are maintained and items are stored and distributed correctly
· Implement relevant policies and standards relating to health service delivery including Sphere and HAP standards, Ministry of Health and donor guidelines and other good practice.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
· Clinical degree or diploma (nurse, midwife or doctor), or Public Health degree
· Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written).
Experience / Competencies
· 2 years’ post-qualification nursing / medical professional experience
· Ability and willingness to manage project implementation.
· Aptitude for community mobilisation and capacity-building.
· Able to develop and maintain effective relationships with colleagues, beneficiaries, and other agencies.
· Excellent organisational skills. Good report writing skills. Good communicator. Problem solving ability.
· Able to oversee multiple tasks, prioritise, enforce procedures, set clear objectives and delegate.
· Willingness to support others and to share workload.
· Team-player with good inter-personal skills.
· This is a field-based position and working and living conditions may be very different to that previously experienced.
Before you apply
Please ensure you are fully aware of the:
b) Profiles sought for Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS).
c) Medair Relief & Recovery Orientation Course (ROC) (which forms part of the recruitment selection process for field positions).
d) Benefits Package provided for Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS).
To apply, go to the « Current Vacancies » page then:
a) apply for this vacancy (or another position that matches your profile), or
b) apply for a Medair ROC (where we can try and match your competencies to our vacancy needs).
Please do not make multiple applications. We will not review email applications. Only English-language applications / CVs will be reviewed.
Pour postuler, envoyez votre CV et votre lettre de motivation par e-mail à firstname.lastname@example.org