Role & Responsibilities
Assist and supervise the direct implementation of CMAM nutrition programming which includes screening, clinical management of severe/moderate acute malnutrition in both children under 5 and pregnant and lactating women, community involvement and behaviour change communication to caretakers at the clinic level. They provide supervision and training to local staff to allow them to implement the programmes. The Nutrition Manager is also in charge of writing reports and maintaining data records, assisting with ensuring adequate stocks, providing training to local staff as needed, and monitoring of the overall health and nutrition situation for malnourished children under five years and pregnant and lactating women. Intermittent programme management may be based from Juba requiring creative approaches to overseeing the nutrition programme and staff.
Medair implements decentralized nutrition services for outpatient therapeutic feeding and targeted supplementary feeding for children < 5yrs and pregnant lactating women and infant and young child feeding (IYCF) messaging. Take a look at Medair’s Health & Nutrition work.
Field based position in Leer, South Sudan.
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Full time, 24 months.
Key Activity Areas
· Be responsible for the implementation, management, supervision and support of the CMAM programme in line with the time frame of the relevant project proposal and any guidelines.
· Conduct regular supervision in the nutrition clinic sites to support staff with on the job training when able and ensuring quality of service delivery.
· Provide training for local staff in line with the appropriate national and international guidelines.
· Manage medical complications of malnourished children with the involvement of clinical staff.
· Implement participatory Behaviour Change Communication methods in nutrition project in coordination with the Psychosocial support team.
· Provide input into the integration of beneficiary participation and accountability.
· Ensure accurate and timely reporting of activities for internal and external reports (e.g. weekly, monthly and quarterly reports) as requested by project managers, HQ and donors.
· Assist in the recruitment of local field staff within the intervention location following all HR policies of Medair and the Government of South Sudan.
· Line manages and oversees the nutrition staff including recruitment, day-to-day management, development and training, appraisals, etc.
· Ensure the assigned nutrition team members receive relevant and appropriate supervision, mentoring and training in order to develop their personal and professional skills, knowledge and understanding.
· Work with the Project Manager and the PSM to manage finances within the field location and payment of salaries.
· Coordinate and oversee petty cash requirements, ensuring all required paperwork is completed accurately and in a timely manner.
Communication and Coordination
· Represent Medair at relevant local level coordination meetings involving local authorities, UN agencies and other NGOs.
· Manage the correct and timely ordering of needed stocks and supplies to the field location in coordination with the Project Manager and logistics responsible person.
· Manage all stocks within the field locations ensuring proper stock management systems are in place.
· Monitor expiration dates of all stocks in the field locations to ensure timely use or redistribution to other Medair programmes/other appropriate parties.
· Implement relevant policies relating to nutrition service delivery including Sphere and HAP standards.
· Participate as requested in Medair internal workshops and distance learning sessions.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
· Degree in Nutrition.
· Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written).
Experience / Competencies
· 2 years post-qualification nursing / medical professional experience.
· Experience working in nutrition programme in a developing country, preferably humanitarian context.
· Able to develop good relationships with colleagues, beneficiaries, agencies, etc. Good communicator.
· Ability and willingness to manage project implementation. Excellent organisational skills.
· Able to prioritise clearly. Able to enforce procedures. Able to set clear objectives and delegate.
· Team-player with good inter-personal skills. Creative, open-minded, flexible, self-learner.
· This is a field-based position and working and living conditions may be very different to that previously experienced.
Before you apply
Please ensure you are fully aware of the:
b) Profiles sought for Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS).
c) Medair Relief & Recovery Orientation Course (ROC) (which forms part of the recruitment selection process for field positions).
d) Benefits Package provided for Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS).
To apply, go to the « Current Vacancies » page then:
a) apply for this vacancy (or another position that matches your profile), or
b) apply for a Medair ROC (where we can try and match your competencies to our vacancy needs).
Please do not make multiple applications. We will not review email applications. Only English-language applications / CVs will be reviewed.
Pour postuler, envoyez votre CV et votre lettre de motivation par e-mail à email@example.com