Role & Responsibilities
Lead and oversee statutory and donor audits and make sure they are being dealt with in an appropriate manner in order to ensure compliance and to minimise the audit risk. Lead the review of department-specific audit findings and recommendations made and determine the manner and timing of Medair’s response to the finding and the recommendation. This will be supported by the Donor Accountability and Quality Officer and the Executive Office Director’s Project Management Unit.
Medair Headquarters (HQ) provides operational guidance for country programmes, along with both technical and compassionate support for our relief workers. Within our headquarters and affiliate offices, we are also responsible for promoting the work of Medair to the world, to raise and manage the funds needed to run our life-saving and sustaining programmes, and to recruit international and HQ staff.
Medair HQ, Lausanne, Switzerland.
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Full time, open-ended contract.
Key Activity Areas
Audit and auditor management
· For statutory audit, prepare selection and evaluation of auditors for decision by the board and manage relationship with the auditor – Lead and coordinate statutory audit.
· For donor audits, select and evaluate auditors, in collaboration with field teams. – Lead or oversee audits in order to ensure compliance to minimize the audit risk.
· Improve the level of preparedness of country teams and grant-focused HQ staff to fulfil donor-specific audit requirements.
· Develop, populate and maintain an Audit Plan calendar including specific audit ToR per assignment.
· Brief country teams and HCP on available support from the Audit Support Team.
· Populate and share information on a database of audit requirements specific to each donor.
· Improve the coordination dialogue between Medair, the donors and their auditors to increase levels of mutual understanding that results in a reduced audit burden for Medair.
· Brief country teams/ HCP to introduce Audit Support Team and the individual staff roles to their auditors and donor audit contacts.
· Open dialogue with donor audit contacts to better understand their goals and specific ToR including report formats, timing and concerns.
· Be recognised by donor auditors as a key contact at Medair for audit process queries.
· Support to country teams during the audit fieldwork and report review and finalisation of management recommendation/ findings letter. Support the G-ERT team from finance side.
· Review all draft recommendation/ findings letters and discuss with FPO or Logs and country team.
· Propose any clarifications of corrections and agree with country team on contacting auditor.
· Approve findings report before Medair comments are sent to the auditor/ donor.
· Support the G-ERT team from finance side.
· Review of management letter/ findings from audits to highlight potential corrective action in Medair processes and how they are evidenced/ implemented.
· Develop, populate and maintain database of audit findings that relate to Medair systems or are multi-project in nature.
· Coordinate the response to the findings for the report and propose team leaders (FIN, HR, Logs etc.) to review the systematic weakness that has been identified.
· Lead the resolution of outstanding points for prior years on audit of the FAS and inventory. Prepare the FAS and inventory for the audit of OFDA grants.
· Act as key contact for Ernst & Young audit team and respond to queries to clear prior year audit sassignments.
· Plan the audit of current year with Financial Controller and prepare the OFDA schedules.
· Ensure the team is able to perform the main reporting, proposal-making and accounting tasks.
· Develop training plans (individual/team). Give training to team with the FIN Training Officer.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
· Professional qualification in accounting and auditing (ACA, ACCA, CPA or similar).
· Desirable: Professional qualification obtained through employment with an auditing firm.
· Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written). Knowledge of French is an asset.
Experience / Competencies
· Audit team member for statutory company audits under international auditing standards.
· Audit team member for non-governmental organisations with experience of major donors.
· Experience of donor reporting requirements and grant compliance through a line management role in countries similar to those where Medair has worked does or will work.
· Advanced skills with Microsoft Office and good understanding in using accounting software.
· Excellent drafting and oral presentation skills, analytical skills and ability to handle complex issues.
· Demonstrated ability to build trust that sensitive information will be handled with discretion.
· Ability to design and implement training programmes for team members.
· Cultural sensitive, respect for cultural diversity. Flexible, resilient, able to perform in stressful situations.
· Swiss or eligible EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
· For more senior / technical roles, some other nationalities may be eligible to apply.
· This is a HQ based position in Lausanne Switzerland, with up to 30% field visits.
Before you apply
Please ensure you are fully aware of the:
b) Profiles sought for International Headquarters staff.
c) Benefits Package provided for International Headquarters staff.
a) go to our Current Vacancies page
b) and apply for this vacancy (or another position that matches your profile).
Please do not make multiple applications. We will not review email applications. Only English-language applications / CVs will be revie
Pour postuler, envoyez votre CV et votre lettre de motivation par e-mail à firstname.lastname@example.org