Role & Responsibilities
To provide an efficient and responsive administrative, organisational logistical and communication / public relations support to Medair Chief Executive Officer (CEO), helping him to manage and prioritise his time most efficiently and to respond to queries in his absence. Also provides secondary support to the rest of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT), the Executive Office and International Board (IBoT).
Medair Headquarters (HQ) provides operational guidance for country programmes, along with both technical and compassionate support for our relief workers. Within our headquarters and affiliate offices, we are also responsible for promoting the work of Medair to the world, to raise and manage the funds needed to run our life-saving and sustaining programmes, and to recruit international and HQ staff.
Medair HQ, Lausanne, Switzerland
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
April 2018. Full time, open-ended contract
Key Activity Areas
Administration support to CEO
· Diary management and day to day logistical support for the CEO, in collaboration with the Receptionist.
· Organise travel and accommodation plans for the CEO, in collaboration with the Receptionist.
· Ensure ELT meetings are organised and run efficiently; minutes documented and action log tracked.
· Support the CEO and IBot with the administrative aspects of quarterly board meetings, ie. coordinating travel of IBot members, arranging accommodation of board members, organising meals, etc.
· Screen CEO telephone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate.
· Deal with correspondence and writing letters of CEO, etc.
· Represent the CEO to a variety of internal and external stakeholders including CEOs of other organisations, the IBoT, suppliers, local and national authorities.
· Maintain office filing and plan ahead ensuring the CEO is well-prepared for meetings.
· Prioritise and highlights issues of day to day importance for the CEO’s attention.
· Produce, translate, and finalize documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations for / from CEO.
· Support other ELT members individually with communication issues.
Executive Communication and Public Relations
· Manage CEO’s social media (twitter, linkedIn, etc.) and public relations actions.
· Handle corporate communication and internal communications to Medair community of professionals.
· Liaise with external Communications Consultant for CEO publications and presentations.
· Support the Executive Office Director organise quarterly Strategic Management meetings.
· Efficiently plan and coordinate the logistics of IBoT meetings.
· Organise farewell parties for Directors and Christmas party. Send Christmas cards to CEO network.
· Continuously review and improve work processes to ensure the efficient delivery of support and service to CEO.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
· Higher level qualification in a relevant subject or equivalent professional qualification / experience, such as Administration or Business Management. Communications or Press Relations degree desirable.
· Strong working knowledge of English and French (spoken and written).
· Strong working knowledge of other languages (spoken and written) is an asset.
Experience / Competencies
· Humanitarian knowledge and experience.
· 2 years’ experience in administration / secretarial work. 1 year as a Personal Assistant desirable.
· Experience in Communication, Digital Communication and/or Press Relations desirable.
· Very conversant for Microsoft Office package and Outlook.
· Polished communications and influencing skills (both spoken and written).
· Excellent planning and organisation skills; accurate reporting skills. Can prioritise tasks and delegate.
· Able to maintain personal boundaries and unshakable confidentiality. Trustworthy and discreet.
· Capacity to work and remain calm under pressure or with tight deadlines and manage personal stress.
· Self-motivated, energetic, hard-working, servant-hearted
· Strong Christian commitment
· Swiss or eligible EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
· This is a HQ based position in Lausanne Switzerland.
Before you apply
Please ensure you are fully aware of the:
b) Profiles sought for International Headquarters staff.
c) Benefits Package provided for International Headquarters staff.
a) go to our Current Vacancies page
b) and apply for this vacancy (or another position that matches your profile).
Please do not make multiple applications. We will not review email applications. Only English-language applications / CVs will be reviewed.
Pour postuler, envoyez votre CV et votre lettre de motivation par e-mail à firstname.lastname@example.org