Role & Responsibilities
Ensure functionality of end user ICT and applications helpdesk including tickets prioritization and resolution within requested timeframe. Ensure that Medair users have access to the software and productivity tools they need on their computers and phones so that they can carry out the mission of the organization.
Medair Headquarters (HQ) provides operational guidance for country programmes, along with both technical and compassionate support for our relief workers. Within our headquarters and affiliate offices, we are also responsible for promoting the work of Medair to the world, to raise and manage the funds needed to run our life-saving and sustaining programmes, and to recruit international and HQ staff. Medair IS department develops a stable and standardized ICT infrastructure in HQ and Medair’s field locations, following a IS strategy development roadmap. IS Helpdesk Administrator provides support to users in areas of hardware, software tools, application systems and phone issues.
Medair HQ, Lausanne, Switzerland.
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Full time, open-ended contract.
Key Activity Areas
· Monitor the queue of assigned IT end-user tickets and resolve them according to given priority.
· Dispatch tickets to the second level support in ICT and Application teams. Cooperate during ticket resolution when needed.
· Proactively analyse tickets history, detect common issues and propose solution.
· Supervise 3rd party vendor and cooperate during troubleshooting of IT user problems.
· Immediately escalate high priority issues to ICT Manager.
· Look for tools / solutions improvements and automation in the domain of helpdesk.
· Manage inventory tracking of all hardware and software in Medair using appropriate tools.
· Supervise repairs for Field and HQ cooperating with Logistics and 3rd party vendors.
· Stock management for HQ IT consumables.
Personal Computers & IT Peripherals Support
· Be responsible for the imaging of new Field / HQ Laptops and Desktops.
· Prepare user workspace by installation of HQ User PC, Telephones and IT peripherals.
· Train HQ staff by creating user manual documents and best practices for end-users.
· Configure and troubleshoot end user IT equipment, hardware / software problems.
· Perform installation; configure user access to standard and custom Medair applications.
· Troubleshoot user issues on common applications as MS Office, Intranet etc.
HQ Phone Administration
· Manage telephone user database.
· Troubleshoot problems related to phone communication.
Innovation / Changes
· Proactively analyze the ticket history and provide recommendations for needed improvements within ICT systems and solution to increase systems efficiency.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
· Recognised apprenticeship in Informatics & Networks.
· Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written).
· Strong working knowledge of French (spoken and written) is an asset.
Experience / Competencies
· 3 – 4 years of experience in an IT support role, experience with NGO desirable.
· Solid understanding of Windows 7 and MS Office, Good understanding of PC Hardware Skilled in trouble-shooting software and hardware problems. Analytical and detailed approach to ICT.
· Works effectively in a wide variety of situations. Willingness to help with other jobs as needed.
· Manages own work and resources in an organised way that meets time bound objectives.
· Able to work as part of a team in a constructive and productive team spirit. Able to coach others.
· Develops and maintains effective relationships with work colleagues and external ICT providers.
· Honest and trustworthy, servant minded, focused on needs, not technology.
· Reliable and committed to the work of Medair.
· Swiss or eligible EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
· This is a HQ based position in Lausanne Switzerland, Ecublens.
Before you apply
Please ensure you are fully aware of the:
b) Profiles sought for International Headquarters staff.
c) Benefits Package provided for International Headquarters staff.
a) go to our Current Vacancies page
b) and apply for this vacancy (or another position that matches your profile).
Please do not make multiple applications. We will not review email applications. Only English-language applications / CVs will be reviewed.
Pour postuler, envoyez votre CV et votre lettre de motivation par e-mail à firstname.lastname@example.org