Role & Responsibilities
Working as an important member of a diverse team who is committed to serving the world’s most vulnerable with practical and compassionate care. Part of the HQ logistic department, you manage the international procurement & shipping for our field offices. As a travel business expert, you manage the relationship with the supplier and the travel requests for the organisation.
Medair Headquarters (HQ) provides operational guidance for country programmes, along with both technical and compassionate support for our relief workers. Within our headquarters and affiliate offices, we are also responsible for promoting the work of Medair to the world, to raise and manage the funds needed to run our life-saving and sustaining programmes, and to recruit international and HQ staff.
Medair HQ, Lausanne, Switzerland.
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Full time, open-ended contract.
Key Activity Areas
· Manage supplier relationship, follow up contact with current suppliers and maintain relations, source new suppliers.
· Purchase, organize and follow up procurement request that comes from the field within the appropriate Medair procurement process (international procurement)
· Liaise with suppliers and Medair finance department to ensure invoices are paid in time with the right document according to Medair procedures.
· Manage Medair contract and framework agreement.
· Build-up and maintain overall procurement database (supplier, procurement request, contracts).
Transport & Equipment
· Organize, track and follow up shipment of goods to the field, taking into consideration international customs regulation.
· Provide right documentation and information to carrier and consignee.
· Ensure Equipment are registered and inventory records up to date when processing any equipment request.
· Process and provide documents for incoming equipment.
Travel Business process expert
· Ensure policies and procedures are updates.
· Serve as reference for information and support for any person traveling on behalf of Medair.
· Manage contract with travel agents, follow up on their service level.
· Organize, follow up and track travel requests received from the field and from HQ, build up and maintain travel database.
· Ensure Medair tools for tracking travellers are used on the most efficient way.
· Support and assist the general work and administration of the Logistics team.
· Develop, implement, support and train staff in logistics procedures, initiate improvement proposals.
· Cover for other Logistics team members when absent or re-assigned to support emergency response.
· Has the responsibility to identify, develop and implement improvements in logistics policies, procedures and processes.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
· Professional qualification in logistics and supply chain, ideally in procurement.
· Strong working knowledge of English. French (spoken and written) is an asset.
Experience / Competencies
· Minimum one year logistics experience
· Experience and skills in procurement, finance and travel
· Logistics experience in a cross-cultural, challenging environment.
· Ability to promote collaboration and share information effectively throughout the organisation and with a large network of external partners.
· Demonstrable knowledge of rules, regulations and donor policies governing the compliance/regulatory management of procurement rules from US, EU, UN and other agencies.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
· Creative, open-minded, flexible, self-learner.
· Able to have fun from time to time.
· Swiss or eligible EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
Before you apply
Please ensure you are fully aware of the:
b) Profiles sought for International Headquarters staff.
c) Benefits Package provided for International Headquarters staff.
a) go to our Current Vacancies page
b) and apply for this vacancy (or another position that matches your profile).
Please do not make multiple applications. We will not review email applications. Only English-language applications / CVs will be reviewed.
Pour postuler, envoyez votre CV et votre lettre de motivation par e-mail à firstname.lastname@example.org