Role & Responsibilities
Directly supporting the Head of Regional Programme (HRP) Middle East Region (MER) in his tasks to manage, empower and support the Regional Representative and the four Country Directors (CD’s) as well as the HQ Middle East Support team.
Medair’s Middle East Response Programme aims to provide humanitarian relief to refugees and internal displaced people affected by the 5 year old conflict in Syria. The programme is innovative, has rapidly grown and includes humanitarian relief actions in four countries (Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, and Syria) in the sectors Shelter / Non-Food Item (NFI), Health and WASH. Medair has adopted increasingly Cash Transfer Programming modalities for some of its interventions
Medair HQ, Lausanne, Switzerland.
As soon as possible
Initial Contract Details
Full time, open-ended contract
Key Activity Areas
Administration & Coordination
· Provide administrative support for Middle East Region (MER) programmes HQ / Field such as handling contracts and legal documents and ensuring compliance of Medair internal procedures.
· Update weekly Medair’s tools with project approval documentation, proposals, reports, minutes and action points. Be responsible for distributing these to relevant team members in timely manner.
· Take the initiative for developing and updating a centralised calendar of deadlines (internal Medair documentation, donor reporting and MER team action points).
· Support Programme Officer in compiling weekly progress ‘reports’ identifying programme issues. Keep the MER programme team updated and follow up on action points.
· Coordinate with Logistics, HR and Finance and provide support where required.
· Prepare agenda, send invitations and take minutes for weekly HQ MER Support team meetings. Represent MER in relevant working groups and departmental / programmes team meeting.
· File country location security plans, evacuation plans and incident reports.
Donor Relations Management
· Develop and maintain excellent relations with the HQ based representatives of non-institutional funding partners to secure (co-) funding for the country programme.
· Work on preparation of summary project proposals from MER programming to acquire essential start-up or co-funding.
· Liaise with and be the focal point for Marketing and Relationships Department Fundraising staff and support by providing key information and statistics on programming, context and beneficiaries.
· Support the Programme Officer with the submission of narrative proposals, operational and financial reports related to the country programme, coherent and in accordance with Medair and donor requirements, country and international standards.
· Build knowledge on funding opportunities for the MER programme.
· Provide advice, guidance and critical insight to country teams on the design and implementation of donor proposals and reports.
· Maintain a weekly updated overview of foundations and small donors, their specific funding guidelines and reporting schedules.
· Support in analysis of programme expenditure and provide draft analysis for review.
· Support the planning and review of project budgets and financial reports.
· Review the effectiveness, quality and impact of Medair’s humanitarian responses to acute and chronic need, and making summary recommendations for improvement with relevant timeline.
· Document and disseminate project achievements and lessons on a timely basis.
· Maintain filing – physical files, Box, Portfolio and on the server.
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organisational needs.
· University degree or equivalent in a relevant subject such as Management / Development Studies / International Relations/ Business Administration or in a relevant technical subject.
· Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written).
Experience / Competencies
· Proven reporting and data analysis experience.
· Knowledge of Humanitarian Essentials, Sphere, CHS and HAP Standards and other international humanitarian guidelines and protocols.
· Advanced planning, assessment and analytical skills.
· Good report and proposal writing skills. Good networking and negotiation skills.
· Team-player with good inter-personal skills.
· Capacity to work under pressure, with short deadlines and manage personal stress levels.
· Creative, open-minded, flexible, self-learner.
· Swiss or eligible EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
· This is a HQ based position in Lausanne Switzerland.
Before you apply, please ensure you are fully aware of the:
To apply, then:
b) go to our Current Vacancies page
c) and apply for this vacancy (or another position that matches your profile)
Please do not make multiple applications. We will not review email applications. Only English-language applications / CVs will be reviewed. Medair does not set closing / deadline dates for applications; recruitment is on-going until the position is filled.
Pour postuler, envoyez votre CV et votre lettre de motivation par e-mail à email@example.com