Role & Responsibilities
Develop Medair’s presence in the German-speaking Switzerland by raising funds and increasing visibility. Develop and manage a portfolio of private individual, corporate and major donors and deliver on high income target. Acquire new prospects in order to maintain a robust pipeline of relationships. Identify new opportunities and platforms for business development. Support and promote your own fundraising events. Increase brand awareness with effective positioning of Medair in targeted audience.
Responsible for stewarding existing donors and building key relationships with new supporters, particularly major donors and corporates to develop a portfolio that will contribute to our growth strategy.
Medair Zürich, Switzerland.
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Full time, open-ended.
Key Activity Areas
· Establish and Implement ‘moves management’ strategy for the fundraising team using Sales Force as a CRM tool.
· Close coordination with the other key relationships officers and the product team at Headquarters (HQ).
· Increase brand awareness and seek proactively opportunities to position Medair within the targeted audiences.
Individuals and Funding
· Seek personal contact with donors and prospects to build positive and sustainable relationships.
· Identify new networks and platforms to acquire new prospects.
· Network at external conferences and events and when possible attend as a speaker to promote Medair.
· Promote and use fundraising products in particular legacy giving.
· Collaborate with “MyHappyend” and attend their legacy promotion events.
· Handle “Thank you management” for donors.
· In collaboration with Zurich team, create communication material such as writing project summaries, reports, letters, brochures and presentations.
Corporates and Funding
· Maintain and develop existing contacts and build up strong and sustainable relationships.
· Develop creative CSR projects and products to build up long-term relationships.
· Promote Medair’s innovative approach in the humanitarian sector towards universities, public institutions and corporates to establish partnerships and visibility.
· Increase visibility on appropriate platforms like ‘Christliches Forum’ or ‘Internationale Vereinigung Christlicher Geschäftsleute, IVCG’ etc.
· Seek out new channels and platforms to promote Medair and raise awareness.
· In collaboration with Zurich team, support and promote Medair fundraising events to attract new people and/or consolidate existing relationships.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
· Educated to degree level in Marketing, Sales, Account Management or Communication.
· Strong working knowledge of German, Swiss German and English (spoken and written).
Experience / Competencies
· Demonstrable professional success in fundraising, marketing or sales in the private or public sector.
· Goal and performance oriented. Pioneer and self-driven. Networking skills and strategic thinking.
· Excellent communication skills including in front of small and large audiences.
· Close to the market, ability to identify potential of audiences. Ability to implement fundraising projects.
· Works well in a multicultural environment and under pressure.
· Well-able to lead volunteers and other supporters. Collaborative team player.
· Entrepreneurial mind-set, innovative and open for new approaches.
· Flexibility to work sometimes in the evening or on the weekend.
· Swiss or eligible EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
Before you apply, please ensure you are fully aware of the:
b) Profiles sought for International Headquarters staff.
c) Benefits Package provided for International Headquarters staff.
To apply, then:
a) go to our Current Vacancies page
b) and apply for this vacancy (or another position that matches your profile)
Please do not make multiple applications. We will not review email applications.
Only English-language applications / CVs will be reviewed.
Pour postuler, envoyez votre CV et votre lettre de motivation par e-mail à email@example.com