Role & Responsibilities
Investigate, project manage and implement practical solutions, and review technical and procedural methods to improve business efficiency, security, timeliness and accuracy.
Medair Headquarters (HQ) provides operational guidance for country programmes, along with both technical and compassionate support for our relief workers. Within our headquarters and affiliate offices, we are also responsible for promoting the work of Medair to the world, to raise and manage the funds needed to run our life-saving and sustaining programmes, and to recruit international and HQ staff.
Medair HQ, Lausanne, Switzerland.
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible, latest 1st February 2018. Full time, 6 months fixed term contract, potential renewal.
Key Activity Areas
· Review of specific HR processes in order to simplify, automate and document them. Support the HR function on users training.
HR Information System Improvement
· Analyse, map and document HR existing systems and business models, work on interfaces between existing and new systems.
· Translate HR requirements into highly specified project briefs, identifying options for potential solutions and assessing them for both technical and business suitability.
· Conduct requirements analysis and prepare specific proposals for modified or replacement systems in collaboration with the IS team.
· Projects manage the implementation of new solutions or improvements of current applications used by Human Resources.
· Develop solutions and related products in collaboration with IS team.
· Work closely with end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction; update training and user manuals/guidelines to users when new procedures are implemented.
New HR Systems Implementation
· Develop solutions and related products.
· Produce project feasibility and costings report; Present proposals to HRM, for future approval at ELT.
· Work closely with end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction; providing training and user manuals/guidelines to users when new systems or procedures are implemented.
· Ensure that budgets are adhered to and deadlines met.
· Draw up, supervise and document testing schedule for complete system; oversee implementation of a new system including data migration and data clean up.
· Support users on change control and system updates.
· Participate in projects that relate to HR and IS.
· Provide ongoing support on data reporting, KPI management, data management.
· Propose improvements of systems or processes in the HR function.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
· BA Computer Science or combination of Business studies and relevant experience.
· Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written).
Experience / Competencies
· Minimum of 2 years professional experience in a relevant field of work.
· Understanding of HR and HR systems.
· Knowledge of reporting tools desirable.
· Knowledge of Excel and Excel VBA desirable.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics or Serenic Navigator desirable.
· Ability to projects manage, knowledge in lean management.
· Ability to problem solving, communication skills, self-motivation, hard-working, committed to team-building and able to develop, coach and support other team members, able to take decisions in a consultative and supportive framework.
· Swiss or eligible EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
· For more senior / technical roles, some other nationalities may be eligible to apply.
· This is a HQ based position in Lausanne Switzerland.
Before you apply, please ensure you are fully aware of the:
b) Profiles sought for International Headquarters staff.
c) Benefits Package provided for International Headquarters staff.
To apply, then:
a) go to our Current Vacancies page
b) and apply for this vacancy (or another position that matches your profile)
Please do not make multiple applications. We will not review email applications.
Only English-language applications / CVs will be reviewed.
Pour postuler, envoyez votre CV et votre lettre de motivation par e-mail à email@example.com