Role & Responsibilities
Coordinate the creation, production and distribution of valuable, relevant, and consistent communications to attract and retain Medair’s core audiences in Switzerland — and ultimately, to drive donations.
Medair Headquarters (HQ) provides operational guidance for country programmes, along with both technical and compassionate support for our relief workers. Within our headquarters and affiliate offices, we are also responsible for promoting the work of Medair to the world, to raise and manage the funds needed to run our life-saving and sustaining programmes, and to recruit international and HQ staff.
The Marketing and Relationships department consists of a marketing and product development team as well as a relationship team. Together they maintain relationships with individuals as well as the masses.
Medair HQ, Lausanne, Switzerland.
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Full time, open-ended contract.
Key Activity Areas
Develop Content Strategy
· Analyze content strategies and tools employed by similar organizations. Be aware of marketing & fundraising trends in Switzerland.
· Connect with Medair audiences and deepen knowledge on needs, wants, etc.
· Create and implement strategy for connecting with Medair audience through different channels (print, website, email, social media, events, offline and online advertising, etc.).
· Manage incoming content requests from channel owners (print, social media, email, website, events, key accounts, etc.).
· Plan and map campaigns and projects on an editorial roadmap.
· Organize brainstorm sessions at the start of campaigns.
· Coordinate the creation of copy, design, and video needs for each project.
· Manage freelancers for the creation of specific copy, design or video needs.
· Coordinate the approval of content, visuals and videos.
Publish & Promote Content
· Coordinate the publishing of the content throughout the different channels.
· Coordinate the promotion of content through online and offline advertisement.
· Analyse performance of created content/campaigns.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
· Undergraduate degree in Communication, Fundraising, Marketing or equivalent job experience.
· Strong working knowledge of English and French (spoken and written). German/Dutch an asset.
Experience / Competencies
· Minimum 3 years professional experience in a Content Marketing or similar position.
· Very familiar with Office365 tools (Word, Excel, PPT, etc.)
· Familiar with online task management tools (Jira, Trello, Box, etc.)
· Creative marketer.
· Excellent communication skills, passionate about storytelling.
· Strong project management skills. Good time-management skills, able to define or focus and deliver according to set targets. Ability to plan ahead, execute, monitor and review objectives.
· Maintains positive attitude in stressful circumstances.
· Provide guidance, expertise, support and share information internally and provide training when needed.
· Capable of working in a multi¬cultural environment. Honest and trustworthy, precise and organized. Flexible to adjust with internal and external changes, comfortable with dealing with different colleagues as projects require.
· Swiss or eligible EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
· This is a HQ based position in Lausanne Switzerland.
Before you apply
Please ensure you are fully aware of the:
b) Profiles sought for International Headquarters staff.
c) Benefits Package provided for International Headquarters staff.
a) go to our Current Vacancies page
b) and apply for this vacancy (or another position that matches your profile).
Please do not make multiple applications. We will not review email applications. Only English-language applications / CVs will be reviewed.
Pour postuler, envoyez votre CV et votre lettre de motivation par e-mail à firstname.lastname@example.org