Role & Responsibilities
Prepare and lead the monthly fund close procedure. Maintain a high level of accuracy of grant info input into the Medair Portfolio system. Manage grant cash instalment requests and follow-up on open receivables. Ensure high quality of financial reports to donors prepared by FPOs before being sent out to other departments or donors. In addition to the Grant Management function, the GMC assumes also responsibility as Finance Programmes Officer (FPO) providing financial support and coordination from HQ to a Country Programme that can be assigned to him/her. In the FPO role, the GMC contributes to the development of Country Programmes strategy by providing financial analysis and advice.
Medair Headquarters (HQ) provides operational guidance for country programmes, along with both technical and compassionate support for our relief workers. Within our headquarters and affiliate offices, we are also responsible for promoting the work of Medair to the world, to raise and manage the funds needed to run our life-saving and sustaining programmes, and to recruit international and HQ staff.
Medair HQ, Lausanne, Switzerland.
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
As soon as possibe. Full time, open-ended contract.
Key Activity Areas
· In charge of the monthly closing process which includes: booking of administrative costs, calculation and booking of earned revenue, reallocation to PF, contingent asset entries, etc.
· Review the status of all field grants that are still active. Review the status of any sector specific income funds and country income and base expense funds. Ensure that instalments received for each grant in the period are applied to the related revenue recognized for the same period. Ensure that all donor grants are properly reviewed and inform Finance Programmes Manager regarding any risk issues prior to Director Signature.
Grant cash flow management
· Maintain schedule for all grant instalments and follow up to ensure donors pay on time. Ensure that cash expected report in Portfolio is up-to-date at any time by following up with FPO.
· Ensure that all cash instalments are booked in NAV and Portfolio under the grant they relate to.
· Ensure that instalments received for each grant are applied to the related revenue.
Reporting to donors & Donor guidelines
· Oversee and review all donor financial reports to ensure that they reconciled to the accounting software and that they comply with all specific donor requirements.
· Prepare quarterly financial reports and monthly cash advance/reimbursement requests for all USAID/OFDA active grants.
· Attend regularly training on donor guidelines whenever provided by either donors or other INGOs.
· Prepare and keep updated donor financial procedures to be used by FPOs and PFM/FM in the field.
Portfolio data management
· Focal point for the running and further development of Portfolio system in all that is related to financial data and reports.
· Ensure that all key grant and project information are entered in the Portfolio timely and reliably; new grants or amendments are booked in NAV and Portfolio; all donor grants are properly reviewed and inform Finance Programmes Manager regarding any risk issues prior to Director Signature.
Country Financial Management
· Contribute to the budgeting process for any new donor proposal and for the annual base budgets exercise: review budgets, prepare the Total Cost View (TCV) table, prepare project proposal, submit donor templates and annexes. Prepare budget revision and provide donors with more details.
· Monitor expenses for various projects and bases within Country Programme and perform other financial analysis as required: Analyse BvAs,update Grant Management tool, coordinate the preparation of cash flow projection for donor grants. Contribute to the preparation of pipeline analysis for donor grants as required.
· Responsible for preparing weekly updates of the coding table for accounting staff in the field and at HQ: review field expenses coding, supports field finance staff in regard of field expense entries.
· Prepare finance reports, expense reports and other financial annexes as part of the project and grant cycle management: prepare Interim and final financial reports, submit financial reports, prepare financial annexes, liaise with donor finance staffs for donor queries.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
· Degree in Finance and/or Accounting.
· Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written). Knowledge of French is an asset.
Experience / Competencies
· Minimum of 4 years work experience in a finance position required.
· Advanced skills with Microsoft Office (especially Excel) and good understanding in user application of accounting software.
· Show commitment to best practice.
· Flexible, resilient, able to perform in stressful situations.
· Swiss or eligible EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
· For more senior / technical roles, some other nationalities may be eligible to apply.
· This is a HQ based position in Lausanne Switzerland.
Before you apply
Please ensure you are fully aware of the:
b) Profiles sought for International Headquarters staff.
c) Benefits Package provided for International Headquarters staff.
a) go to our Current Vacancies page
b) and apply for this vacancy (or another position that matches your profile).
Please do not make multiple applications. We will not review email applications. Only English-language applications / CVs will be reviewed.
Pour postuler, envoyez votre CV et votre lettre de motivation par e-mail à email@example.com