Role and Responsibilities
Ensure functionality of end user helpdesk within ICT team including tickets prioritization and resolution within requested timeframe. Ensure that Medair users have access to the software and productivity tools they need on their computers and phones so that they can carry out the mission of the organization.
Medair Headquarters (HQ) provides operational guidance for country programmes, along with both technical and compassionate support for our relief workers. Within our headquarters and affiliate offices, we are also responsible for promoting the work of Medair to the world, to raise and manage the funds needed to run our life-saving and sustaining programmes, and to recruit international and HQ staff. IS department delivers IT solutions to Medair staff worldwide including application, infrastructure solutions and helpdesk service. Helpdesk service ensures user support within domains of IT hardware, software and network infrastructure.
Medair HQ, Lausanne, Switzerland.
Standard Contract Details or School Convention / Starting Dates
As soon as possible. Full time, minimum 6 month contract.
Key Activity Areas
ICT Infrastructure & Application Support
· Control queue of assigned IT end-user tickets. Prioritize tickets according to impact and urgency and be responsible for troubleshooting.
· Dispatch tickets which should be resolved by ICT and Application officers. Cooperate with them on resolution of complex issues.
· Analyse tickets history, detect common issues and report to ICT manager.
· Perform installation, configure user access to application.
· Troubleshoot user issues on common applications as MS Office, Intranet etc.
Personal Computers & IT Peripherals Support
· Help in software installation of new Field / HQ personal computers.
· Prepare user workspace by installation of applications, telephones and IT peripherals in HQ.
· Configure and troubleshoot IT peripherals.
· Create user manual documents and best practices for end-users.
· Configure and troubleshoot end user IT equipment, phones, hardware and software problems.
Innovation / Changes
· Follow current helpdesk processes and tools. Provide feedback about possible improvements in the area of IT processes and tools used in Medair.
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs.
· Post-secondary education or university in IT domain.
· Strong working knowledge of English.
· Working knowledge of French (spoken and written) is an asset.
Experience / Competencies
· General knowledge about standard IT software and tools as Windows operating system and MS office package.
· IT hardware experience with personal computers and IT peripherals.
· Users support and tickets handling principles knowledge.
· Basic network topology, protocols and troubleshooting skills.
· Problem solving and communication skills, self-motivation, hard-working, committed to team-building.
Benefits Package provided to International Headquarters Internship Staff
· Salary of 1670 CHF/month at 100%.
· Holiday allocation.
· Accident, death and disability insurance coverage; health insurance for loss of earnings (> 6 months internship).
· Great working environment.
· The opportunity to work in an organisation where your contributions make a difference for the world’s most vulnerable.
HQ Working Conditions
· Swiss or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
· This is a HQ based position in Lausanne Switzerland, Ecublens.
Application Process – Internships
Before you apply, make sure you are fully committed to the Medair values.
· For this internship role, please apply through our website here.
· Only English-language applications / CVs will be reviewed.
Pour postuler, envoyez votre CV et votre lettre de motivation par e-mail à firstname.lastname@example.org