Role & Responsibilities
Lead the production of all videos which contribute to raising funds, awareness and recruitment.
Medair Headquarters (HQ) provides operational guidance for country programmes, along with both technical and compassionate support for our relief workers. Within our headquarters and affiliate offices, we are also responsible for promoting the work of Medair to the world, to raise and manage the funds needed to run our life-saving and sustaining programmes, and to recruit international and HQ staff. The Marketing and Relationships department consists of a marketing and product development team as well as a relationship team. Together they maintain relationships with individuals as well as the masses.
Medair HQ, Lausanne, Switzerland.
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
June 2018. Full time, open-ended contract.
Key Activity Areas
· Create, manage and deliver videos which connect emotionally with our audiences, look stunning and inspire action.
· Edit videos like personal thank you’s, interviews, social media shorts, proposal videos, online video ads, corporate and training videos as well as video slideshows.
· Advice, guide and contribute all the way from the script writing to the publishing of the videos ensuring that deadlines are met and production costs stay within budgets.
· Publish videos on Youtube, social media and Medair.org using visuals and keywords that increase our online visibility.
Video related tasks
· Analyse performance of produced online videos and act upon opportunities to increase our online visibility.
· Make all video material searchable and available to both internal and external parties.
· Coordinate translation and make videos available in English, French, German and Dutch.
· Handle all rights for purchased footage, music used as well as personal releases.
· Source vendors that can provide the high-quality and innovative video services Medair is looking for.
· Generate ideas to promote Medair’s brand and recruitment efforts online.
· Photographer/videographer for staff profiles, local video productions and Medair events.
Field content creation
· Guide and train communications officers in the field in the production of quality footage.
· Arrange visits for professional videographers in the field.
· Continually improve the quality and quantity and lead time of video material received through field offices.
· Create new or improve existing motion graphic and general video templates.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
· Undergraduate degree in a related discipline or equivalent job experience.
· Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written). French / German / Dutch an asset.
Experience / Competencies
· Minimum 2 years professional experience in a related discipline or equivalent job experience.
· Expert in Adobe Creative Suite (noticeably Premiere, After Effects and Photoshop).
· Excellent communication skills, passionate about storytelling.
· Ability to produce professional multimedia material that showcases Medair’s excellence.
· Ability to shoot, edit, produce and coordinate video and multi-media efforts.
· Good time-management skills, able to define or focus and deliver according to set targets. Self-motivated personality. Ability to plan ahead, execute, monitor and review objectives.
· Maintains positive attitude in stressful circumstances.
· Provide guidance, expertise, support and share information internally and provide training when needed.
· Capable of working in a multi¬cultural environment. Honest and trustworthy, precise and organized. Flexible to adjust with internal and external changes, comfortable with dealing with different colleagues as projects require.
· Swiss or eligible EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
· This is a HQ based position in Lausanne Switzerland.
Before you apply
Please ensure you are fully aware of the:
b) Profiles sought for International Headquarters staff.
c) Benefits Package provided for International Headquarters staff.
a) go to our Current Vacancies page
b) and apply for this vacancy (or another position that matches your profile).
Please do not make multiple applications. We will not review email applications. Only English-language applications / CVs will be reviewed.
Pour postuler, envoyez votre CV et votre lettre de motivation par e-mail à email@example.com