Role & Responsibilities
Support Medair’s Shelter and Infrastructure sector team in the development of our comprehensive construction guideline to be used in our projects worldwide.
Medair Headquarters (HQ) provides operational guidance for country programmes, along with both technical and compassionate support for our relief workers. Within our headquarters and affiliate offices, we are also responsible for promoting the work of Medair to the world, to raise and manage the funds needed to run our life-saving and sustaining programmes, and to recruit international and HQ staff.
Medair HQ, Lausanne, Switzerland
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Full time, 3 month contract.
Key Activity Areas
Construction Guideline and document development
· Develop, with the help of our technical staff, a construction guideline to be used in all construction projects in Medair’s portfolio (Asia, Africa and Caribbean)
· Help develop standard construction documents (e.g., technical specifications, construction specifications, construction contracts, etc.) to be included with the construction guideline.
· Work on a catalog of shelter and housing assistance – including drawings of shelters, bill of quantities and descriptions
· Design, with the help of our technical staff, two sample health facility buildings that are modular, consider the culture, and follow structural standards (national and/or international). This involves creating drawings, bill of quantities and technical specifications.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
· A minimum of 3 years of education in civil engineering, architecture, construction management or equivalent
· 6 months experience in a construction or design firm, in a team work environment (desired but not compulsory)
· Knowledge of construction process (tender, contacts, etc.) and structural design (desired but not compulsory)
· Strong working knowledge of spoken and written English (good knowledge of French is a plus)
· Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written).
· Strong working knowledge of French (spoken and written) desirable.
· Working knowledge of German (spoken and written) is an asset.
Experience / Competencies
· Proficient in CAD (AutoCad, Revit).
· Proficient in MS office tools (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
· Conscientious, logical and efficient.
· Independent and flexible worker.
· Capacity and strong desire to learn and develop skills and knowledge.
· Passionate, innovative, creative, persistent, committed, optimistic and accountable.
· Maintains positive attitude in stressful circumstances.
· Capable of working in a multicultural environment. Honest and trustworthy, precise and organized. Flexible to adjust with internal and external changes, comfortable with dealing with different colleagues as projects require.
Benefits Package provided to International Headquarters Internship Staff
· Salary of 1670 CHF/month at 100%.
· Holiday allocation.
· Accident, death and disability insurance coverage; health insurance for loss of earnings (> 6 months internship).
· Great working environment.
· The opportunity to work in an organisation where your contributions make a difference for the world’s most vulnerable.
HQ Working Conditions
· Swiss or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
· This is a HQ based position in Lausanne Switzerland, Ecublens.
Application Process – Internships
Before you apply, make sure you are fully committed to the Medair values.
· For this internship role, please apply through our website here.
· Only English-language applications / CVs will be reviewed.
Pour postuler, envoyez votre CV et votre lettre de motivation par e-mail à firstname.lastname@example.org