Purpose, Role and Responsibilities
Medair UK are currently looking for a new Database Senior Officer to lead in the development and optimisation of our database management, insight & analysis and supporter care processes. You will also help to ensure our ongoing compliance with data protection legislation, including the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) standards. You will be an integral part of this growing, award-winning Christian charity and will make a life-saving difference to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Medair United Kingdom
Medair UK is an affiliate of the Swiss-based humanitarian organisation, Medair, which brings life-saving relief and recovery to communities devastated by natural disasters, conflicts, and other crises. Together, we work in some of the most remote and difficult places on earth, empowering people to build a better future. For more details on our work, see www.medair.org.
You will have a proven track record in using databases within a charity and experience working within a fundraising environment.
Based in Kennington, South West London
£35,500 per annum
ASAP or 1st September 2018
Key Activity Areas
· Work with the Senior Leadership Team to develop models and best practice for measuring supporter engagement, segmenting our supporter types, informing our supporter journeys and improving our supporter experiences.
· Work with the Engagement Officer – Individuals to plan and deliver a programme of acquisition, retention, segmentation and development initiatives to maximise the long term value of our supporters.
· Work with the Engagement Officer – Individuals to create data selections for fundraising campaigns and analysis.
· Monitor giving patterns of all fundraising supporter types – to gather insight to help build supporter engagement and maximise income.
· Understand, follow and implement data protection legislation and GDPR guidelines and ensure they are understood and followed by other staff.
· Work with the Senior Leadership Team to improve database systems and processes.
· Produce reports and create queries for analysis and reconciling purposes.
· Trouble-shoot where there have been problems with datasets.
· Run regular queries to ensure that data is robust and accurate.
· Provide training, advice and support to other database users within Medair UK, and work with the team to resolve user problems.
· Manage the database, improving processes for the capture, storage and analysis of data.
· Make recommendations for improvements in data quality and data management.
· Within Medair, promote best practice for accurate handling of data.
· Ensure the database is up-to-date.
· Clean, de-duplicate and merge data.
· Working with (or in the absence from the office of) the Engagement Officer – Individuals:
· Create new records of donations.
· Ensure that all donations are correctly attributed to the appropriate database contact records, using correct and appropriate codes.
· Administer data imports onto the database and ensure that the database contains timely, robust and accurate data.
· Undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by line manager.
· Contribute to the general operation and activities of the Medair UK team, attending meetings as required, sharing knowledge and expertise.
Tasks common to all staff
· Act as an ambassador for Medair UK at all times when liaising externally and internally.
· Ensure consistent implementation of the Medair brand across all relevant activities.
· Record information as necessary and comply at all times with requirements for handling personal / sensitive data.
· Relevant degree or equivalent experience in a database role within the charity sector.
· Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written).
Experience / Competencies – ESSENTIAL:
· Several years’ experience working within a fundraising environment or charity database team, using a CRM database, ideally Salesforce.
· Excellent numerical, analytical and financial skills, with demonstrable experience of dealing with figures within a work environment.
· Working knowledge of the Data Protection Act, GDPR, Fundraising standards and Codes.
· Knowledge and experience of database management, data manipulation, segmentation, analysis and reporting.
· Demonstrable problem solving skills, using own initiative to identify problems and find effective solutions to them.
· Excellent IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes (in particular Excel) and of CRM systems, ideally Salesforce.
· High level of attention to detail.
· Ability to think analytically and deliver effective solutions for data manipulation, capture, reporting and analysis.
· Ability to work well under pressure and manage a varied work load.
· Excellent project management skills.
· Ability to work well within a small team, support and train colleagues and learn from them.
· Inspired by and in full agreement with Medair’s Christian values and ethos.
· Willing to contribute to the spiritual life of the team including prayer meetings.
Experience / Competencies – DESIRABLE:
· Experience of Gift Aid rules and HMRC claim requirements.
· Experience of the international development / humanitarian sector.
· This is a position based in Kennington, SW London with possible UK travel.
· Willingness to be flexible in terms of hours worked at occasional, but inevitable moments of crisis and opportunity, particularly evening and weekends.
· Only those eligible to work in the UK can apply.
Please email a covering letter (maximum of two pages) explaining your motivation for applying and your proven aptitude for the role, together with your CV, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10am on Monday 18th June, with the email title “Application for Database Senior Officer”. Please also state where you saw the job advertised.
Pour postuler, envoyez votre CV et votre lettre de motivation par e-mail à email@example.com