Role and Responsibilities
We are seeking a dynamic fundraising individual who can lead, develop and deliver Medair UK’s individual supporter and donor engagement. Working with the Head of Engagement and the rest of the fundraising team, you will help deliver Medair UK’s strategic goals and generate financial and prayer support for Medair and its life-saving work assisting the world’s most vulnerable people.
To lead, develop and deliver Medair UK’s individual supporter and donor engagement with the aim of generating financial and prayer support. Ensuring that Medair UK’s individual supporter and donor activities are aligned with Medair’s UK overarching strategic plan, annual operating plans and the Medair strategy.
Medair United Kingdom
Medair UK is an affiliate of the Swiss-based humanitarian organisation, Medair, which brings life-saving relief and recovery to communities devastated by natural disasters, conflicts, and other crises. Together, we work in some of the most remote and difficult places on earth, empowering people to build a better future. Medair is a humanitarian organisation inspired by Christian faith. We bring relief and recovery to people in crisis, regardless of race, creed or nationality.
You will have a proven track record in fundraising, in particular in engagement with individual supporters and donors. You will be a compelling written communicator and have well-developed project management skills. You will be creative and have an understanding of the humanitarian sector, as well as what motivates people’s generosity and will be able to use these to engage supporters. You will be inspired by, and in full agreement with, Medair’s Christian values and ethos.
Based in Kennington, South West London
£31,613 per annum
ASAP or 1st September 2018
Key Activity Areas
Direct Marketing & Fundraising
· Plan, implement and manage Medair UK’s direct marketing programmes and fundraising relationships with mass (one to many) donors:
In collaboration with the Communications and Marketing Manager for the digital components of direct marketing and fundraising activities:
o Develop and execute direct mail fundraising campaigns – with specific focus on both print and e-versions for Medair News and Fund Appeals.
o Prepare and distribute direct mail and marketing activity with donors. Create, write and execute email campaigns, direct mail appeals and annual campaigns.
o Act as day-to-day contact with external suppliers, ensuring high quality, accurate delivery of campaigns.
o Manage all digital communication with donors relating to e-appeals.
o Generate reports for use in the analysis of fundraising performance.
· Write content for, and disseminate engaging quarterly prayer diaries to, Medair UK’s prayer network. Work in collaboration with the Communications and Marketing Manager on the design elements of the prayer diary.
· Conduct follow-up to sustain and advance prospective donor relationships. Manage stewardship efforts by coordinating routine contact with supporters including email, other correspondence and phone outreach on a regular basis.
· Record all communication activities with supporters on the relevant database.
Individual donor acquisitions
Build and manage internal and external networks to assist in identification, cultivation and solicitation of donors and support
Move potential donors in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation and closure.
Nurturing and Engaging with existing Donors
Maintain donor relationships through the development and implementation of appropriate donor journeys.
Design and prepare all necessary materials to support donor journeys including thank you/acknowledgement letters.
Convert one-off donors into regular givers.
Increase gift sizes from existing donors.
Graduate existing donors towards Legacy givers.
Segment different donor groups and tailor offerings for each group.
· Coordinate a daily gift acknowledgment process, ensuring that donors receive timely and appropriate communications.
· Record all gift and communication activities with donors on the relevant database.
Sponsored Event Planning and Administration
Administrative and logistical planning and organisation for sponsored events including:
§ London Marathon
§ Ride London
§ Other sponsored events as appropriate
All available places on sponsored events are recruited to and filled
Registration documents for the event are completed and logged in a timely manner
Participants taking part on behalf of Medair UK are provided with support pre, during and post event – to enable them to achieve maximum fundraising for Medair UK
Medair UK’s participation in the event is promoted across all Medair UK’s print, digital and social media platforms
Participants are acknowledged and thanked for their contribution to Medair
All administration relating to any “Thank You” events post sponsored event is handled in an efficient and effective manner.
Tasks common to all staff
· Act as an ambassador for Medair UK at all times when liaising externally and internally.
· Ensure consistent implementation of the Medair brand across all relevant activities.
· Record information as necessary and comply at all times with requirements for handling personal / sensitive data.
· Contribute to the annual planning and budgeting cycle, providing appropriate input from your area of responsibility
· Undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by line manager.
· Contribute to the general operation and activities of the Medair UK team, attending meetings as required, sharing knowledge and expertise.
· Relevant degree or equivalent, or some substantial experience in a fundraising role within the charity sector preferably in an international relief / development organisation or Christian agency
· Professional fundraising and / or communication qualification and / or marketing qualification desirable
· Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written)
Experience / Competencies – ESSENTIAL:
· Inspired by, and in full agreement with, Medair’s Christian values and ethos
· A proven track record in generating engagement through fundraising activity
· Experience of using a CRM system
· Substantial experience of planning, implementing and evaluating fundraising activities and campaigns
· Ability to develop fundraising campaign briefs, write and review fundraising campaign copy and, provide feedback on fundraising results
· Understanding of humanitarian issues
· The ability to build and maintain effective and collaborative relationships internally and externally
· Willing to contribute to the spiritual life of the team including prayer meetings
Experience / Competencies – DESIRABLE:
· Experience in / links with potentially supportive individuals / organisations / networks
· Experience of international relief / development work
· Experience of using Salesforce and / or ThankQ
· This is a position based in Kennington, SW London with possible UK and international travel.
· Willingness to be flexible in terms of hours worked at occasional, but inevitable moments of crisis and opportunity, particularly evening and weekends.
· Only those eligible to work in the UK can apply.
Please email a covering letter (maximum of two pages) explaining your motivation for applying and your proven aptitude for the role, together with your CV, to email@example.com by 10am on Monday 18th June, with the email title “Application for Engagement Officer – Individuals”. Please also state where you saw the job advertised.
Pour postuler, envoyez votre CV et votre lettre de motivation par e-mail à firstname.lastname@example.org