Site Accion contra el hambre
Action against Hunger is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit organization created in 1979. Its goal is to combat hunger and dangerous situations that threaten men, women and children. Currently 500 expats and more than 5,000 employees are working for Action against Hunger in more than forty-six countries working in projects concerning four areas of focus: nutrition, health, food security and water and sanitation.
- Contribute to the development of Action Against Hunger regional protection strategy.
- Develop missions’ competencies on protection.
- Promote and mainstream protection outcomes in Action Against Hunger programing.
- Represent Action Against Hunger in protection fora throughout the region.
Objective 1: Program development
- In coordination with the different missions and MEAL department, design high quality and timely assessments of the Protection needs, and provide prioritized recommendations for program interventions
- Provide protection inputs on proposals to ensure protection is mainstreamed across Action Against Hunger Programing.
- Ensure that necessary protection outcomes are integrated into sector programing.
- Oversee the delivery of high quality technical proposals and reports, in line with donor requirements.
Objective 2: Technical leadership, quality & capacity building
- Provide technical support to technical coordinators from the other sectors
- Promote harmonization in mainstreaming protection within Action Against Hunger sectors of operations
- Develop and help on the implementation of protection tools (SoPs / methodologies)
- Support the establishment of feedback mechanisms that ensure client participation and input across all projects
- Identify skill gaps and organize in-country or regional trainings to build Action Against Hunger staff competencies on protection
Objective 3: Representation and coordination
- Represent Action Against Hunger in Protection Coordination fora
- Develop effective working relationships with humanitarian stakeholders (NGOs, IOs, Donors, Civil society) in regards to protection
- Explore opportunities of partnerships with other organizations and contribute to consortium building if relevant
- In coordination with our different HQs, contribute to the definition of the protection strategy of the global Action Against Hunger network
- Bachelors or master degree in international development, humanitarian assistance, social science, international law or similar background
- Specific studies in humanitarian aid and/or development
- Good knowledge of project cycle management
- Experience in cooperating multidisciplinary teams
- Five or more years’ experience implementing protection programing.
- Comprehensive knowledge of refugee law, human rights and protection norms and standards.
- Experience in mainstreaming protection and in integrating protection outcomes in other sectors programing.
- Experience in proposals writing.
- Experience in relationship with donors (ECHO, MADAD, OFDA, SIDA, DFID, AFD,…), networks establishment.
- Strong written and public speaking skills.
- Experience on protection advocacy and proven experience in capacity building / training is desirable
- Languages skills: English (written and spoken) required and Arabic an asset
- Mobility: Global mobility, frequent travels to the missions
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Formal work contract: 1 year (renewable).
- Base: Amman, Jordan.
- Mobility National / International – The position is based in Amman, frequent travels to the missions, with the possibility of staying there for extended periods of time according to Mission needs.
- Compensation packaged: from 1.850 € to 2.400 € gross per month according to candidate’s previous experience (according to standard list of ACF- Spain).
- Up to 20% additional remuneration depending on the position’s context and responsibilities (according the grading scale set by ACF-E)
- Guest House or similar accommodation covered by the organization
- Travel costs to and from the mission.
- Expat Health, repatriation, travel and life insurance covered by the organization
- Extra per month and per child (Under 18 years old): from 100€ to 225€ monthly (according to standard list of ACF-Spain).
- Break: additional rest period, including travel cost to a reference area and economic help of 215€.
- 25 working days of paid leave per year.
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click in the following link to accede to the service:
Note. – Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close before the deadline. For more information about this position, visit our Website www.accioncontraelhambre.org in case of not find it published here means that the selection process has been closed.
Languages skills: English (written and spoken) required and Arabic an asset
Pour postuler, envoyez votre CV et votre lettre de motivation par e-mail à email@example.com