Site Centre for Humanitarian Dialogue (HD Centre)
The Centre for Humanitarian Dialogue (HD) is a private diplomacy organisation founded on the principles of humanity, impartiality and independence. Its mission is to help prevent, mitigate, and resolve armed conflict through dialogue and mediation. HD is currently looking for an:
POLICY INTERN, OSLO FORUM
Based in Geneva
Start date: Mid-January 2018
Duration: 6 months – until mid-July 2018
The Oslo Forum is the leading international network of conflict mediation practitioners. Co-hosted by the Centre for Humanitarian Dialogue (HD) and the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Forum regularly convenes conflict mediators, peacemakers, high-level decision-makers and key peace process actors in a series of informal and discreet retreats. The Oslo Forum features an annual global event in Oslo and regional retreats in Africa and Asia. Past participants have included John F. Kerry, Federica Mogherini, Kofi Annan, Juan Manuel Santos, Gerry Adams and Fatou Bensouda. Oslo Forum retreats are complemented by publications that assist mediation practitioners in grappling with the challenges they encounter in peace processes. The Oslo Forum team also supports HD’s operations by conducting research to advance the debate on approaches to mediation processes.
Reporting to the Project Manager, the policy intern will be part of a small team working on the preparation of the annual retreat in June and publications. Her/his responsibilities will include:
- Researching peace and conflict-related issues, contributing to the design of retreat’s sessions, and preparing briefing material for the upcoming event in June;
- Helping to prepare publications, including undertaking background research on potential topics for future publication, researching possible authors, proofreading drafts and liaising with authors, translators and editors;
- Supporting HD’s policy work, including drafting briefing papers in response to research requests from HD’s operational teams;
- Attending the Oslo Forum in Norway in June 2018 and supporting the team during the event;
- Providing logistical support in the organisation of the event (in relation to invitations, recordkeeping, bookings, compiling of biographies, answering participants’ queries related to transport and logistics, etc.);
The ideal candidate should meet the following criteria:
- Prior experience in planning and organising complex events with multiple stakeholders;
- Interest in international relations and management of armed conflicts;
- Excellent oral and written English skills; a publishing record and relevant editing experience would be considered as strong assets;
- Strong research, writing and analytical skills;
- Strong attention to detail; excellent organisational and interpersonal skills, team spirit;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Be self-motivated and results-oriented.
The candidate will receive a stipend during his/her internship.
If you are interested in this internship and meet the above-described qualifications, please send your resume (maximum 2 pages) with a short cover letter by 31 October 2017 to email@example.com.
For more information, please visit www.hdcentre.org and http://www.osloforum.org.
Pour postuler, envoyez votre CV et votre lettre de motivation par e-mail à firstname.lastname@example.org