Site Concerns Worldwide
About the role
This is a 12 month replacement role with unaccompanied terms based in Kouango, Central African Republic (CAR) with a salary of €34,106 to €37,895.
You will report to the Kouango Area Coordinator, and will line manage the WASH Assistant Programme Manager, and liaise with the Country Director, Programme Director, Logistics Coordinator, Area Coordinator, Country Financial Manager, HR Manager, Admin Support Officer, Kouango Finance Officer, Kouango Logistics Officer and Kouango M&E Officer.
We would like you to start on 3rd January 2018.
Your purpose: The purpose of the WASH Programme Manager is to provide support on both hardware and software project components and ensure the project is implemented in line with the proposal and project plan. Whilst there is one WASH Assistant Programme Manager to track the budget and day-to-day field operations, the WASH Programme Manager will provide oversight and lead on technical WASH areas as well as providing support to district level coordination of WASH activities and actors.
You will be responsible for:
- Manage the technical aspect of the WASH Project in Kouango giving support to the Concern WASH team during planning, designing and implementation of WASH Activities. Support other WASH interventions as required
- Provide effective and efficient management of the project implementation in line with the project proposals and donors requirements and ensure timely production and submission of project reports and budget revisions
- Promote and ensure appropriate participation and equitable access of beneficiaries and communities through appropriate mechanisms
- Participate in conducting joint assessments and planning responses together with other teams and follow up on the recommendations & assist in the development of funding proposals as relevant to support the WASH programme in Kouango
- Active participation in the district level WASH coordination with relevant partners and Government bodies.
- Provide support and implement WASH projects with particular focus on engineering (water supply and sanitation) and sustainability of WASH interventions, and links to Hygiene Promotion
- Provide technical support and guidance to the engineers on preparing technical drawings and technical specifications for tenders
- Coordination and Leadership:
- Share information on Concern’s activities and intervention and promote good relations and collaboration with other actors
- Actively participate in interagency WASH coordination with relevant WASH actors at District level
- Develop strategies and plans that contribute to raising the profile of Concern as an expert organization in the WASH sector
- Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Work closely with field teams on objectives, indicators and activities and develop clear monitoring frameworks for each project in collaboration with the M & E Officer and Programme Director.
- Maintain an effective monitoring and planning system, which informs reporting and project design.
- Work with the team to identify and document project learning and success cases and disseminate learning.
Monitoring and Evaluation/Accountability:
- Ensure effective implementation of the M&E plan, ensuring accurate information is collected and analysed for all programme components. Ensure that impacts or problems are identified clearly discussed in the team and community and fed back into the programming.
- Concern is committed to increasing its accountability to different stakeholders, and particularly to beneficiaries. Working with the support of the Programme Director, ensure the Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS) of accountability benchmarks are understood by team members and appropriately incorporated into programme activities. As part of the accountability initiative, ensure the Complaints Response Mechanism (CRM) is effectively implemented and fully operational and programme information is clearly communicated to communities.
- Support the WASH Assistant Programme Manager to produce timely and accurate budgets and budget revisions for the projects.
- Support the WASH Project Manager to manage the projects budget and ensure expenditure is in line within agreed projects plans and budgets.
- Ensure that project expenditure is undertaken in line with finance policies and procedures, and that resources are optimally utilised.
- Take overall budget responsibility for WASH Programme in Kouango
Staff Management and Development:
- Direct line management of one WASH Assistant Programme Manager
- Participate in the recruitment of in-country WASH staff. This includes preparation of job requisitions and job descriptions.
- Establish clear performance objectives for each of the reporting staff and conduct formal Performance and Development Reviews (PDRs).
- Support the WASH team in identifying training needs and help the team design and facilitate appropriate training and follow up models.
- Build the capacity of the current WASH Assistant Programme Manager, WASH Technicians and Hygiene Promotion Officers on technical WASH interventions and software considerations.
- Ensure team members are aware of core Concern policies and procedures relevant to their work, and with the support of others, carry out regular briefings on these policies, including the P4, security management, accountability etc. Contribute to the implementation of these policies.
- Together with other project teams members, ensure HIV & AIDS, inequality and risk and vulnerability are analysed, mitigated against and responded to during the overall planning, implementation and management of the WASH project
Your skills and experience will include:
- Education, Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Qualifications in a discipline related to WASH, Civil Engineering and/or Environmental Health.
- Practical experience in managing water and sanitation projects (spring catchment, hand pump repair, construction of wells, low cost sanitation etc.) sustainability of water points, training of WASH committees etc.
- Experience with water testing and analysis.
- Good spoken and written French & English.
- A proven record of effective project and people management.
- Experience of coordinating WASH activities
- Sensitivity to cultural differences, and the ability to work in a wide variety of cultural contexts.
- Excellent teamwork skills and the ability to build good relations both internally and externally.
- Experience of building capacity of internal and partner staff
- Experience in report and proposal writing.
- Proven financial management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Commitment to Concern’s ethos and values.
- Flexible, adaptable and patient.
- Sound IT skills, including Word and Excel.
We would also like:
- Familiarity with logistics, HR, Finance, and administrative processes of Concern.
- Understanding and experience of mainstreaming issues of gender equity, ethnicity and HIV and AIDS into project planning and implementation.
- Proven influencing and negotiating skills with internal and external audiences,
- Experience of working in Africa (or elsewhere under similar conditions) would be an advantage.
- Knowledge on using engineering software including AutoCad and GIS.
- Fluency in written and spoken French & English.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload, using initiative when appropriate.
- Good team player, flexible and capable of working with a multinational country team, politically and culturally sensitive.
- Ability to cope with stress; work under pressure often to strict deadlines.
- Flexibility, adaptability, sense of humour, and patience.
- Ability to motivate and develop skills of others.
- Facilitation and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
Pour postuler, veuillez consulter l'URL suivante : https://jobs.concern.net/jobs/international/vacancy/programme-manager---wash-0345/363/description/ →