Site International Cocoa Initiative (ICI)
The Programme Officer (Monitoring and Evaluation) supports the International Cocoa Initiative [ICI] Programme Team and the Executive Director in the development and implementation of the ICI programme, in pursuit of ICI’s strategy and objectives, as agreed by the ICI Board. Under the supervision of the Programme Manager in charge, the Programme Officer (PO) will be responsible for managing ICI’s project portfolio and supporting ICI’s country teams, in his/her thematic area, towards the achievement of ICI’s defined objectives. S/he will also contribute to the production and dissemination of programmatic knowledge and data, in support of ICI’s knowledge, learning and influencing objectives.
Main tasks and responsibilities
Capacity Building and Programme Development
- Act as technical supervisor for all projects, issues and staff with a dedicated focus on his/her thematic area;
- Develop thematic-specific monitoring and evaluation guidelines for ICI teams;
- Provide advice, build team capacity, or mobilise technical expertise and support to field-level teams, programmes and projects, in his/her thematic area, as required;
- In collaboration with the wider programme team, establish and implement relevant processes for field-level monitoring and evaluation;
- Support the country teams in ensuring that project processes and outcomes are properly documented and data used to identify good practices and learnings;
- Foster and maintain institutional dialogue with relevant local, national and regional counterparts (including local and international researchers, research organisations, academics and think thanks, local and national authorities, industry partners, international organisations and civil society), on all issues relating to his/her thematic area, with a view to nurturing strategic partnerships.
- Assist the Programme Manager (XX) with the delivery of the monitoring and evaluation team’s roles and responsibilities within the organisation. This will include supporting the Programme Manager in progressing the strategic development of the monitoring and evaluation function, deliverables, and training of staff on monitoring and evaluation.
Project Management and Programme Support
- Work closely with the Programme Manager, Finance Director and Director of Programmes and Policy, to ensure effective management of programme monitoring and research commitments and deadlines, and onward communication to donor and other partners.
- Analyse and write up quantitative and qualitative survey and programmatic data for various programmatic, research, reporting (both for internal and external communication purposes).
- Provide input to proposals in matching proposed objectives and activities with appropriate indicators, monitoring and evaluation activities and associated budgets.
- Oversee the maintenance and continuing evolution of the ICI monitoring and evaluation database (in collaboration with the Information Systems team), to ensure that high quality and robust data is readily available for programme staff, and also for internal reporting and external reporting to ICI’s stakeholders.
- Support the packaging and provision of data to programme teams to enhance decision-making and use of data to inform programme design.
- Assist to organize and facilitate various events such as meetings, workshops and conferences.
- Review existing internal and external documents and data, contribute key learnings and findings to the ICI data knowledge database.
- Analyse ICI’s existing datasets to identify links, key findings, issues, challenges and good practices and develop deliverables that can we shared with the ICI team.
- For any project(s) for which he/she is given budget-holder responsibility,ensure the management of relevant contracts or activities, with the support of the finance team, and under the supervision of the Programmes and Policy Director, ensuring that project funds are adequately monitored, reported and liquidated.
- Ensure that financial transactions are within budget, that expenditure is incurred in accordance with ICI’s financial procedures, and that all transactions are coded correctly.
- Provide cost estimates to assist preparation of [ICI]’s budgets, forecasts, and overall financial plan.
- As appropriate, only approve transactions in accordance with his/her delegated financial authority.
- Under the direction of the Programme Manager, Programme and Policy Director and/or the Executive Director, represent ICI at relevant forums specific to his/her thematic area.
- Support ICI’s broader communications and fundraising efforts, particularly by ensuring that operational and programmatic perspectives from the field (in his/her thematic area) are sufficiently and accurately represented in ICI’s communications and media outreach, and, as per above, by assisting in the preparation of relevant grant applications and reports, and the development of strategic thematic partnerships.
- Ensure adequate organization and presentation of data and research findings through ICI’s dissemination platforms (newsletters, annual report, website, stakeholder meetings, etc).
- Person Specification
- Bachelors’/Master’s degree Statistics, Economics, Sociology, Development Studies or any other relevant field
- At least 3 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation. Nay exposure or experience to West African context is a plus.
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis methodologies and database management
- Ability to consolidate information from different sources and develop knowledge materials and reports
- Fluency in English and/or French with a strong command of the other language
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet (preferably Microsoft Access and Excel), and presentation software (Microsoft PowerPoint) as well as other database and statistical software (SPSS, SAS, STATA, SAP Lumira)
- In-depth knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
- Extensive experience in designing and implementing M&E activities, including strong experience of managing M&E staff
- Experience of conducting research/field data collection and proven ability to design monitoring instrumentation
- Advanced skills in data analysis presentation and report writing in French and/or English
- Excellent analytical skills combined with a proactive, energetic approach to problem solving
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Able to effectively promote ICI’s mission values, and objectives
- Willing to travel to the field and remote locations
How to apply:
Please send applications in English (including a cover letter and your CV) to Ms. Emmanuelle Rosset at email@example.com by the 08th of January 2018
Only those candidates who match the above requirements and who have been selected for interview will be contacted.
Pour postuler, envoyez votre CV et votre lettre de motivation par e-mail à firstname.lastname@example.org