The Geneva Centre for the Democratic Control of Armed Forces (DCAF) is dedicated to making states and people safer. Good security sector governance, based on the rule of law and respect for human rights, is the very basis of development and security. DCAF assists partner states in developing laws, institutions, policies and practices to improve the governance of their security sector through inclusive and participatory reforms based on international norms and good practices.
Headquartered in Geneva, DCAF has a global portfolio and employs over 170 highly qualified international staff with operational activities in over 70 countries. DCAF is internationally recognized as one of the world’s leading centres of excellence for security sector governance (SSG) and security sector reform (SSR).
DCAF’s Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) Unit is seeking a Project Assistant (100% for 6 month, with possibility of extension) based in Geneva. For more information on the work of DCAF’s LAC Unit, please see: http://www.dcaf.ch/latin-america-caribbean/cat9
The Project Assistant will assist the Head of the LAC Unit with the development, implementation and management of ongoing and new projects in the LAC region, particularly in Colombia and Central America.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the Head of the Unit in the implementation of DCAF’s strategy for LAC and the management of current and upcoming projects.
- Support the Head of the Unit in identifying entry points for DCAF in the LAC region, build partnerships and conduct donor outreach.
- Contribute to the design and planning of new projects.
- Conduct independent research on project-related substance matters and assist the Head of the Unit in drafting various background documents, event documentation and research papers.
- Assist the Head of the Unit in financial management as well as in the preparation of the financial and narrative documentation according to relevant DCAF and donor procedures.
- Support the Head of the Unit with a range of organisational and administrative tasks related to missions, meetings and events.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- University graduates or currently enrolled in university studies in a relevant field such as international relations, security studies, peace studies, development studies, history, law or political science.
- Fluency in English and Spanish, both written and spoken.
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated ability to draft, review and edit texts.
- Prior experience in assisting in the management of projects is preferred.
- Knowledge of issues related to security, gender and human rights in LAC is a strong asset.
- Swiss or EU citizenship or a valid work permit for Switzerland at time of application a pre-requisite.
The weekly working time is 42 hours. The contract is for 6 month with possibility of extension upon confirmation of additional funding.
HOW TO APPLY
- Starting date: 12 January 2018 or mutually agreed date.
- Closing date for applications: 14 December 2017
Interested candidates are invited to e-mail their curriculum vitae and cover letter outlining how their qualifications meet the above requirements to email@example.com with the subject line “Project Assistant – LAC Unit”. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
DCAF is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of sex, age, disability, gender identity, or ethnicity.
Pour postuler, veuillez consulter l'URL suivante : http://www.dcaf.ch/project-assistant-latin-america-and-caribbean-unit →