Site association soeur emanuelle
1. GENERAL BACKGROUND:
o Job title: Project Officer (PO)
o Location: Metro-Manila, Philippines
o Line manager: Project and Partnership Manager
o Main functional relationships: Administrative and Finance Officer, Technical Advisors
o Status: local contract, 36 months, from May 2018
Asmae is a French international solidarity NGO specialized in child development. Independent, non-religious and non-political, it is open to everyone.
Created in 1980 by Sister Emmanuelle following her experience with scavengers in Egypt’s slums, Asmae keeps on respecting its founder’s values and methods: listening and proximity, pragmatism, respect of the differences, professionalism and reciprocity.
Asmae’s action aims to support vulnerable children and their families through providing tailor-made and long lasting support to local stakeholders working on child education and protection.
Its vision, “A fair world which guarantees that children can live and grow with dignity within their environment, to become free women and men who contribute to society”, is broken down into four missions:
• Stimulate child development through a global approach. To do this, Asmae also works on family support by taking their environment into account;
• Build the capacity of local stakeholders involved in child development, boost cooperation amongst them and maximize their social impact;
• Stand up for children by raising awareness and advocating;
• Experiment, disseminate and share practices.
Nowadays Asmae supports education and protection projects through 59 local organizations in Burkina-Faso, Egypt, France, India, Lebanon, Madagascar, Mali and Philippines. Furthermore, in France, Asmae also directly manages a mother and child care center.
2. ASMAE IN THE PHILIPPINES:
Asmae has been working in the Philippines since 1989. It has supported programs on prevention of school drop-out and underperformance, prevention and care of children at risk, adolescence support and support to children with disabilities. Asmae currently partners with local organizations in two areas: Luzon (mainly Metro Manila) and the Visayas (Negros Occidental and Bohol).
A study was conducted on street families in Manila in 2013/2014. Based on this study, Asmae and its partners designed a program to improve the living conditions of the street children and families. This program has been recently funded by the French Agency for Development (AFD) and is planned to start in May 2018.
The Project Officer will be responsible for the overall coordination, monitoring and reporting of the project Contributing to the improvement of the living conditions of street children and families in Manila by reinforcing the capacities of local actors. As such, s/he is the focal point for the project and is responsible for coordinating with local partners for the implementation of the project.
The PO works in close collaboration with the Technical Advisor (TA) who leads the capacity-building and other technical activities. The PO also works in close cooperation with the Admin and Finance Officer (AFO) for budget follow-up and financial aspects of the project.
4. DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES:
4.1 Operational project management:
• Ensure the smooth planning and organization of activities with the partners within the time frame and in accordance with contractual commitments
• Supports and trains partners in their implementation of activities, and strengthens their management-monitoring-evaluation capacities
• Organizes and/or facilitates regular meetings with the partners (networking, steering committees, etc.) in close relationship with the TA
• Ensures Asmae’s operational tools are used; supports partners in developing monitoring and evaluation system and tools; reports on partner activities
• Gathers and centralizes information on project activities
• Prepares narrative progress and final reports in line with the format and time schedule indicated by the funder(s)
• Contributes to the project assessment process (recruitment of consultant, review and validation of deliverables, etc.)
• Monitors the administration of partner relationships (partnership agreements, management tools, etc.)
• Support the Project Partnership Manager in drafting letters of intention and project proposals in relation with partners, mainly through brainstorming workshops
4.2. Budget management of projects:
• Ensures compliance with the procedures and budgetary framework of co-financed projects
• Informs all personnel involved in the projects of the procedures and requirements of the funder(s)
• Manages project budgets together with the Administration and Finance Officer: allocation of expenditure for Asmae, and validation of partner expenses
• Carries out financial and administrative monitoring of partners, together with the Administration and Finance Officer
• Ensures adherence to the administrative time schedule of financing agreements (transfer of Asmae funds, transfer of partner funds, deadlines for financial reports, deadlines for the performance of financial audits, etc.)
• Validates monthly budget monitoring in accordance with the validation procedure (budget-line spending, flexibility between items, expenditure projections to the end of the project)
• Contributes to budgeting for amendments
• Contributes to financial reports intended for the funder(s)
• Ensures that records are kept in accordance with the established procedures (in Asmae as well as by supporting the partners in doing so)
• Contributes to preparations for, and support the Administration and Finance Officer in financial audits
4.3. Contribution to the development of National Office activities:
• Contributes to team meetings discussions
• Organizes and participates in monitoring missions undertaken by headquarters
• Represents the organization at meetings and in other activities
• Contributes to the development of communication tools
a. Education and Experience
• Master Degree or equivalent in social sciences, Cooperation and Development, Social work or or other related field
• Minimum 5 years of experience in project coordination
• Minimum 3 years of experience in co-funded projects / public grants (EU, USAID, UN agencies, etc.)
• Significant experience in the field of social inclusion or protection in the Philippines
• Experience in monitoring-evaluation, and reporting to donor
b. Professional Skills
• Ability to effectively work in partnership on multiple levels and with multiple stakeholders
• Excellent communication skills including active listening
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple responsibilities
• Knowledge of institutional donors’ Rules and Regulations (French Development Agency, EU, USAID, UN Agencies, bilateral cooperation)
• Fluent in English (Minimum level of B2 according to the Common European Framework Reference for Languages or a minimum TOEIC score of 785)
• Pack office Management
• Highly committed and professional behaviour
• Able to initiate relationships based on mutual trust and respect
• Excellent organizational skills
• Adaptability and flexibility
• Strong level of initiative
• Diplomacy and humility
6. PRACTICAL MODALITIES:
Duration: 36 months
Beginning date: May 2018
Status: Filipino employment contract
Salary: Salary based on qualification, experience and capacity in the range of PHP 45,000 to 60,000 gross per month.
Location: Metro Manila
7. HOW TO APPLY?
Candidates should send a detailed resume outlining their academic and professional background relevant to the proposed position, as well as a cover letter, showing the persons motivation and expertise,
Pour postuler, veuillez consulter l'URL suivante : https://www.asmae.fr/fr/jobs/ →