Save the Children
We are currently looking for Proposal Writer / Manager to be based in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Save the Children International is a ‘dual mandate’ organisation and as such equal priority will be given to both humanitarian and development work.Â This is the only way we will be able to ensure that some of the fundamental rights that we believe children have, such as survival, safety and constant access to protection and education can be guaranteed. As part of a commitment to work with children through humanitarian interventions Save the Children will support programmes in both sudden onset and chronic emergency situations.
The Proposal Manager is required to support the Country Office, specifically for Rohingya Emergency Response, in the development and coordination of proposals/concept notes and relevant application documents. The role of the Proposal Manager is to ensure that programmes are developed and implemented using an integrated, cross-sectoral approach. The post holder will be expected to the lead the coordination between technical and operational teams to ensure that proposals/concept notes are developed in time and to high quality standard. The post holder is also expected to work closely with the Finance and Support Services, Awards, Prgoramme, and Resources Mobilization teams to ensure that proposals, reports, and projects are developed and implemented in compliance with donor requirements. The post holder will be expected to mentor and/or capacity building existing country programme staff.
Qualifications and experience
- Previous first phase emergency response experience is essential
- Education to MSc/MA/MEng level in a relevant subject or equivalent field experience
- Previous experience of project management and project cycle management, including project design, implementation and evaluation
- Experience of leading the preparation successful funding (narrative and budget) proposals and reports for donors, including ECHO, DFID and Save the Children members.Â Understanding of CAP and Appeal processes
- Good understanding of donor compliance and SC reporting mechanisms and requirements
- Demonstrated experience of participating in multi-sector needs assessments
- Demonstrated monitoring and evaluation skills
- Proven capacity to deliver training and coach staff
- Experience of and commitment to working through systems of community participation and accountability
- Experience of budget management and monitoring
- Excellent communication skills
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- A high level of written and spoken English
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of SC. In particular, a good understanding of the SCÂ Â mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
- Experience or knowledge of working and living in relevant regions/contexts
- Specific experience of developing proposals for consortia projects
- Experience of leading needs assessments
Contract length: 6 months
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children.Â We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
Closing date for this advert is 26 Oct 2017.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
To Note – The applications for this emergency response will be reviewed on a daily basis and the role may be closed prior to the closing date.
Pour postuler, veuillez consulter l'URL suivante : https://www.savethechildren.net/jobs/job-apply →