Save the Children
The School Health and Nutrition Advisor is responsible for the overall leadership and SHN technical oversight in the delivery of Save the Children’s USDA-funded LEARN program.
The SHN Advisor is responsible for managing the School Health and Nutrition components (including food safety and hygiene) for Save the Children’s LEARN program. S/he will also provide guidance to and support to the Education and SHN Mobilizers, who work directly with school community members, to ensure smooth implementation of the program, including in the areas of coordination, integration and strategic partnership development with government and non-government agencies. This is a technical position and provided capacity development support including training and continuous supervision/follow-up/monitoring support for quality program implementation in in five counties in Liberia. The person will also provide technical guidance and support to other national level education, school feeding, and SHN working groups.
The post requires a high degree of collaboration with the Department of Education, Department of Health, other government agencies, thematic cluster/s, INGOs/NGOs and other key stakeholders to generate technical, material, financial and policy support for SHN and school feeding. The post also leads in representation, resource mobilization and advocacy activities with relevant local and national stakeholders and in internal and external report preparation, communications and IEC materials development relative to school feeding, school WASH, school gardens and SHN.
Qualifications and experience
- Master’s degree in Health, Social Sciences or equivalent experience
- At least 7 years of experience in developing, implementing and/or managing school WASH and/or SHN programs
- Familiarity and experience with globally-accepted standards and practices on school WASH and SHN
- Proven ability of mentoring and coaching
- Can deal with various levels of stakeholders – from decision-makers at the national level to field-level practitioners
- Experience in developing and negotiating successful partnerships with institutional donors
- Has proven skills in program development and design, training design and delivery, and community facilitation processes, and networking and influencing
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; Able to articulate ideas and concepts clearly verbally and in writing
- Computer literate and adept in the use of MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Highly organized, with good attention to detail and developed ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet tight deadlines and organize work
- Can work well in highly stressful situations; able to manage multiple competing tasks, prioritize deliverables and meet reasonable deadlines
- A team player, willing to work long hours toward the attainment of program objectives and deliverables
- Understands and believes in Save the Children’s mission and vision; commits to its objectives and including the application of rights-based approaches; willing to adopt Save the Children’s methodology and framewor
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- Willing to travel within Liberia
Contract length: 01 year
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
Pour postuler, veuillez consulter l'URL suivante : https://www.savethechildren.net/jobs/job-apply →