Site Médecins du monde
For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies. Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations. MdM currently works in 44 countries across all continents where it focuses on 4 priority areas: caring for the health of migrants and displaced persons, promoting sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction associated with drug use, emergencies and crisis.
Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) is one of the four MdM France priority actions since 2010.
In Gaza strip, MDM worked in SRH intervention in partnership with the Culture and Free Thought Association (CFTA) since 2012, MDM and CFTA approach included the provision of a complete cycle of SRH interventions including MHPSS support in addition to the identification and management of unwanted pregnancies.
In the WB, an exploratory mission on GBV and SRH needs was conducted in the first half of 2017 by MDM. SGBV prevention, response and management together with management of unwanted pregnancies were identified as main gaps.
Nowadays MdM is in the process of identification of partners and project formulation phase for launching a SRH intervention In the Occupied Palestinian Territories OPT (including Gaza and West Bank)
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direct technical supervision of the medical coordinator and the overall supervision and guidance of the field coordinators based in Nablus- WB and Gaza, you will conduct a deep assessment on SRH needs and develop a proposal of operational intervention for the mission (focus in SGBV). You will be in charge of the SRH and SGBV component of MdM in the WB and Gaza strip according to the proposed intervention.
Your main responsibilities are to :
The strategy development
– Based on the previous exploratory mission results and complementary assessment, propose an operational intervention that must include the identified partners, type of intervention, size, objectives, target population, chronogram, priorities and strategy at different levels and approaches: community based intervention approach, PHC/secondary care intervention including staff capacity building, establishment of medical referral mechanism for cases of sexual and gender based violence, obstetric complications related to unwanted pregnancies clinical pathway for treatment and follow up of GBV survivor, consistency with MdM advocacy strategy in link with the advocacy coordinator aiming at developing operational advocacy regarding SRH
– Work in close collaboration with the field coordinators and medical coordinator on strategic and programmatic matters to provide MdM Palestine mission with a proposed SRH strategy for GBV
-Work closely with the field coordinators in writing proposals based in the proposed intervention for potential donors
– Support Medco in finding innovative ways to improve SRH services, identify challenges and propose solutions supporting monitor reinforcing and compliance of project team with MdM values, procedures and tools
The financial management
– Contribute to the budgeting of the proposed operational intervention
– Participate in health authorities meetings and any other relevant events when delegated by fieldCo and/or medco
– Develop SRH network and liaise with all involved stakeholders
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Status : Employee
Contract : Fixed-term contract
Duration : 4 months
Starting date: January 2018
Position based in Jerusalem, with most of the time between Nablus, West Bank and Gaza.
-2778 euros gross monthly salary on 13 months
-Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
-Transportation cost (home-work), vaccines and visas covered
-22.5 RTT per year
-5 weeks of paid leaves per year.
-Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
-Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
Medical background, specialization in Gynecology or midwife highly appreciated
Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in Sexual and Reproductive health programs in a low resource country and/or emergency settings
Experience in SGBV programs
Experience in conducting need assessments, formulating project proposal Experience in launching / opening SRH and SGBV programs
Experience in empowering local partners
Good time management and proven ability to meet deadlines
Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently
Extremely flexible and ability to cope with stressful situations
Solid and proven organizational skills
Capacity to work in a multicultural environment and under time pressure.
Experience and knowledge of the Palestinian context and Health system are an asset
Languages: Fluent in English both oral and written, Arabic language is an asset
You are committed to MdM’s values as an organisation and motivated by its non-statutory, NFP model.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
Pour postuler, veuillez consulter l'URL suivante : https://mdm.profilsearch.com/recrute/intranet/fo_annonce_voir.php?id=2138&idpartenaire=220 →