Job Title: Communications and Social Media Assistant
Contract: Intern (unpaid)
Duration: 4 months
Start: October or November 2018
Deadline for applications: Sunday 14 October 2018 at 23:59 Brussels time
The intern will assist the Brussels team in implementing the organisation’s social media strategy and brand management, which includes conducting online advocacy, developing and expanding community outreach efforts and designing social media campaigns.
- Excellent working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Flickr;
- Excellent command of oral and written English;
- Genuine interest in International Politics, as well as European Union and United Nations mechanisms. Basic knowledge of minority rights, self-determination, indigenous peoples and human rights;
- Knowledge of website management ;
- Basic knowledge of office management and/or team working;
- Creative and/or design experience, especially with photo and video editing.
- Experience in drafting press releases and interacting with the press;
- Working knowledge of other EU/UN languages;
- Knowledge of Canva, Gimp, Photoshop.
Please note that applications from representatives of UNPO Members are encouraged. The applicant needs to be enrolled in a university and allowed to live in Belgium for the duration of their experience at UNPO (as an EU/EEA citizen or through a valid visa). Unfortunately UNPO is not in the position to assist non-EU citizens in their visa application.
If you are interested in undertaking an internship at UNPO please send an application that includes the following:
- Cover Letter (1 page only) addressed to the UNPO Secretariat
- Curriculum Vitae (2 pages only)
- Work Sample (essay/extract of maximum 1,000 words in English, preferably relevant to your social media/communications experience)
- Links to any past social media accounts you have managed (if any)
Please mark subject line: “Internship Application – Communications: YOUR NAME” and indicate clearly in your letter the exact time period you would be available for an internship placement.
Send your complete application to email@example.com.
Applications not meeting the criteria above will be disqualified from the outset.
Pour postuler, envoyez votre CV et votre lettre de motivation par e-mail à firstname.lastname@example.org